Your Time Dining - Destiny - anyone recently back?

Cruzin 1025

I believe the Your Time dining option started 9/17 on Destiny. Is there anyone recently back who can share some stories?

Some of my questions -

• Which dining room do they have set up for Your Time?
  • How was the wait? Did they give you a pager if more than a couple minutes like I've read on other ships?
  • Do the waiters still sing/dance?
  • How was the service?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. 16 days til we get ot experience this ourselves. Just wondering what others have thought so far. :D

I believe the Your Time dining option started 9/17 on Destiny. Is there anyone recently back who can share some stories?

Some of my questions -

• Which dining room do they have set up for Your Time?
  • How was the wait? Did they give you a pager if more than a couple minutes like I've read on other ships?
  • Do the waiters still sing/dance?
  • How was the service?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. 16 days til we get ot experience this ourselves. Just wondering what others have thought so far. :D

Yes...just got back from the Destiny on 9/26....we were set up at the Galaxy Dining Room 4th floor [upper level]. Never had to wait....not ever...they sing and dance, but the excitement is down on the lower deck of the dining room....the service was outstanding and the food was wonderful [i think the food has improved and this was my 13th cruise with Carnival...it was even better than the Legend last November and I thought that was great]. They do have some of the same food out on the Lido deck for dinner....it was good but I think the food was better in the dining room...fresher [not sitting under hot lights]....I go back to the Legend this December and have decided to eat all my meals in the dining room....it was that good! And I plan to use Anytime Dining, too...it was so easy not to have to rush to get ready to get to the dining room on time. I think you will like it a lot.

The Destiny was terrific....entertainment great....very clean and well maintained...cruise director and staff very accessible....cabin steward worked like a dog to keep our cabin clean and mess free. You will love it....have a wonderful cruise:D

Yes...just got back from the Destiny on 9/26....we were set up at the Galaxy Dining Room 4th floor [upper level]. Never had to wait....not ever...they sing and dance, but the excitement is down on the lower deck of the dining room....the service was outstanding and the food was wonderful [i think the food has improved and this was my 13th cruise with Carnival...it was even better than the Legend last November and I thought that was great]. They do have some of the same food out on the Lido deck for dinner....it was good but I think the food was better in the dining room...fresher [not sitting under hot lights]....I go back to the Legend this December and have decided to eat all my meals in the dining room....it was that good! And I plan to use Anytime Dining, too...it was so easy not to have to rush to get ready to get to the dining room on time. I think you will like it a lot.

The Destiny was terrific....entertainment great....very clean and well maintained...cruise director and staff very accessible....cabin steward worked like a dog to keep our cabin clean and mess free. You will love it....have a wonderful cruise:D

Thanks for the info! We always do our dinners in the dining room. The food and service is always great. This anytime option is new for us though. We weren't too thrilled with it on NCL...we like having the same wait staff and tablemates throughout the week. But on the next one with the late port in Cozumel and an excursion that overlaps the traditional dining times, we thought we'd give the new flexible option a try.

I can't wait to try this out in 16 days. :cool:

Archived