Is there a trick to booking a Family Ocean View room?

Sigyn

Every family ocean view room with a veranda for every Alaskan cruise I have looked at for 2010 is already fully booked in that category. What is the trick to landing one of these? How much more do they cost than a regular veranda room in general?

What day do the 2011 cruises open up for booking? Or have they already begun booking? Is that the trick to getting one? Booking the moment the season's cruises open up?

Thanks!!!

Every family ocean view room with a veranda for every Alaskan cruise I have looked at for 2010 is already fully booked in that category. What is the trick to landing one of these? How much more do they cost than a regular veranda room in general?

What day do the 2011 cruises open up for booking? Or have they already begun booking? Is that the trick to getting one? Booking the moment the season's cruises open up?

Thanks!!!

I think the cabin you are looking for you need to have 5 people. Call Celebrity and ask. They always show up as booked on their website unless they are still available a few months before sailing. Then they open them up to the general cruising public.

I just got one for my Jan summit cruise as they all were still open and I had been checking for about a month. I knew they would release them soon so I just kept calling. Finally they offered me one and I called my TA immediately. Got the one I wanted. It did cost a bit more then the aft cc I had, but I'm happy!!!

Good luck and keep trying.

Helen

Usually 90 to 60 days prior to the cruise the unsold FV's become avaliable to the general public. Celebrity holds these cabins for party's of 5 people. Book a cabin in CC and then request to have an FV if they become avaliable and you are willing to pay the difference.

I have three times been able to book a FOV with a corner balcony for 2 people! ;) It helps when the sailing is not among the most popular. I'd guess that summer time cruises in Alaska would be among the most popular.

I book a CC then watch the X web site, especially 90 days or fewer from sail date. As soon as I see a FOV pop up - even a guarantee - I have my TA jump on it. Once I have the GTY I continue to watch the web site to see if a corner comes up, then have the TA call immediately and book that one.

One must be pro-active. Don't depend on either the cruise line or the TA to monitor the X web site for you.

Good luck - these cabins are terrific, although a bit cramped for 5 people. There is a sofa bed for one and a sofa bed for two. Whoever shares the 2 person sofa bed should be small and able to get along well with the bed-mate!

Archived