Port Of Galveston Parking

jayhawk okie

We are sailing on the Conquest on Dec. 13 and right now are planning to park in the Port Of Galveston parking lot because my husband is a disabled vet and they offer free parking to DV's and Purple Heart recipients. However, most of the threads concerning parking only talk about EZ Park or Lighthouse. Can anyone shed any light on the Port of Galveston parking and why no one ever seems to mention it? Any other info I should know?

I'll also add he has no physical problems with walking, etc.

Thanks

J-O

We use this parking area. It works great for us. My husband drops me off at the terminal and then drives down the street to park. He can walk back or use the shuttle the lot uses. God bless Texas for giving this perk to DAV's. The lot is just a little further down the same street as Lighthouse and EZ park.

Sherry

• 4 weeks later...
... I have read they will not shuttle you luggage...

Per their website at http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml, the Port of Galveston Official Parking Lot provides both luggage and non-luggage shuttles on a limited basis. Check for information on parking lot signage.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and welcome to Galveston Island!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Per their website at http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml' date=' the Port of Galveston Official Parking Lot provides both luggage and non-luggage shuttles on a limited basis. Check for information on parking lot signage.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and welcome to Galveston Island!

Kat [img']http://skins.*****/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/img]

The first time we used the lot in 2005 they shuttled our luggage, but that was for a 7 day cruise. On the 4 and 5 day cruises they have asked us to drop off our luggage and then go park. It's really not hard to do and actually was much easier than dragging luggage for 6 people around on the shuttle bus! We've also parked at EZ Cruise but again, unless you drop of luggage at the pier, you've got to unload your car, load it onto the bus, and then unload it at the pier.

Archived