Talkeetna Chalet B&B

cruise junky joan

Phone number doesn't work, and I can find no local listing in the usual places. If they are in business, they apparently don't want business!

After the 2008 season it was posted that the owner had relocated to Hawaii and had put the place up for sale. After that I heard no other updates. I also stayed there. It was a very well run B&B with a beautiful view of Mt. McKinley when she was in her glory. I know many others also enjoyed this place. I was surprised to hear they were leaving. It sounded like they had spent a lot of money updating the place. Not sure what really happened.

When we were there I got the impression that rachel was pretty disgusted with the B&B business and the amount of work and time it required. Plus I think her husband spent most of the week in Anchorage working which left her home alone with their daughter to manage the business, the house and their property. No wonder she relocated to Hawaii. It is truly a loss if she quit since this was one of our favorite stops while in Alaska. Joan

When we were there I got the impression that rachel was pretty disgusted with the B&B business and the amount of work and time it required. Plus I think her husband spent most of the week in Anchorage working which left her home alone with their daughter to manage the business, the house and their property. No wonder she relocated to Hawaii. It is truly a loss if she quit since this was one of our favorite stops while in Alaska. Joan

In the off season she spent the weekends in Anchorage as a nurse. It did not seem like the ideal life, that is for sure. I hope she is happy wherever she is.

• 1 year later...
Talkeetna Chalet B&B is re-opening by another nice couple but with the same layout and amenities as before.Taking reservations now for 2011. Their website is talkeetnachalet.net

I believe they will be taking reservations for dates beginning in July. I wish them well. It is a lovely home with a great view of Mt. McKinley from the breakfast table if the mountain is out.

Archived