Valor vs. Legend

kwnancy

Both ships have the ports we want. Both cruises are the end of February 2010. One leaves out of Tampa (Legend) and one leaves out of Miami (Valor). The Legend is a bit more, but not enough to eliminate this cruise as an option.

What's the difference in the 'cruise experience'?

Thanks for your help!

Nancy

Both ships have the ports we want. Both cruises are the end of February 2010. One leaves out of Tampa (Legend) and one leaves out of Miami (Valor). The Legend is a bit more, but not enough to eliminate this cruise as an option.

Thanks for your help!

Nancy

While I have never sailed on the Valor yet.. I have sailed on a few Conquest class ships.. and the Legend twice.. the difference is the layout of the ship... If we had the choice we would pick the Legend again in a heartbeat as we LUV the aft area of the spirit class ships as it is open.. unlike the conquest class which is closed in... Since you havent been on either I would say go for which ever tickles your fancy.. then you can always try the other one another time:p

I can't comment on Valor but I cruised on Legend in July and very much enjoyed the ship and service. The layout on the Spirit class is great. The decor is a bit over the top in the use of Urns. You really really have to like urns, they are everywhere.

between those two i would choose the valor, it is one of my favorite ships. now i also really like the legend but it is smaller, i like the bigger ships and the decor on the valor is a tribute to heroes and i love it!

either one you can't go wrong though!

smiles, bee

If cost were the main factor then I would definitely go with the Valor. We've been on the Legend twice for their Western Caribbean cruises and to repeat the same itinerary I'd rather spend less and go on a ship I've never been on too. Although for us the airfare to Tampa is cheaper, so that would be a factor to consider for some also. But in your case I don't think it would matter. :)

As you can see from my ticker that I already chose the Valor for their Western Caribbean itinerary. ;)

whats your sailing history? is it your first time?

the spirit class ships are very easy to manuver. there are no dead ends. they have extended balconies and also obstructed balconies.

Conquest class ships-- most all regular balconies are narrow- very narrow. only a few extended balconies on the back of the ship. (very few balconies) there are no obstructed balconies. but there are several dead ends on the ship. to go forward or aft-- deck 5 goes all the way

Thanks for your help!

Nancy

HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO kwnancy: I've been on the Legend before and it is a very nice ship. We were going to go on the Valor in it's first year of service then they changed and it didn't come to the Northeast then. So I haven't been on it as yet.

I enjoyed my cruise on the Legend. I would go back on that ship.

Thanks for all the replies!

DH and I were on the Glory last summer. It was wonderful! DD and I have done RCCL and NCL. DH and I have done several Carnival ships throughout the years.

Airfare will be a consideration, as our DD is in Little Rock, Arkansas and DH and I will have relocated to Lubbock, Texas by then. So bye-bye Key West :mad::confused: But airfare to either Tampa or Fort Lauderdale/Miami is about the same via Southwest.

I guess I'll ask our Carvival rep and go with the best deal.

We have been on both and I would go for the Legend. Spirit class ships are my favorite class of ship. Love the layout, the size is just right, like the pool area a little better, and never felt crowded on them.

Little off topic but the Miracle edges out the Legend just a little for all around favorite ship.

Archived