I can't decide!!

Kilikikina

Ugh! I am so bad at making decisions and it makes it that much harder when you have never been somewhere. I'm going on the Disney cruise in Oct, western of course. Me, husband, and 3 kids, 12, 8 and 7. We have never been there and I have no idea what woudl be the best thing to do there.

My husband wanted to see some ruins, but from what I read, they are not that close to where we will be? Am I correct?

So I started to read to get some info on which beach would be the best for us and got too much info!!!!

From what I gather, Paradise Beach, Passion Island, Mr Sancho's and Chankanaab Park are the big suggestions. I was leaning more towards Chankanaab, but now that I looked at Mr Sancho's I think that may be more what we are looking for.

Is there any possible way you guys would help me and maybe list the pros and cons? All we really want is somewhere relatively close to the ship, good food, reasonably priced since I am paying for 5 and a beautiful beach!! OH! I also would like some water sports, kayaks, snorkel.....

THANK YOU!!! I am driving myself crazy trying to find the perfect place!!

My husband wanted to see some ruins, but from what I read, they are not that close to where we will be? Am I correct?

There are some ruins on the island you can visit via taxi. Unfortunately San Gervaiso isn't nearly as impressive as the ruins on the mainland.

/From what I gather, Paradise Beach, Passion Island, Mr Sancho's and Chankanaab Park are the big suggestions. .... All we really want is somewhere relatively close to the ship, good food, reasonably priced since I am paying for 5 and a beautiful beach!! OH! I also would like some water sports, kayaks, snorkel.....

The two beach clubs that would meet most of your wish list items would be Paradise Beach club and Mr. Sancho's. IMO, they are probably more alike than they are different. My personal pref would be PB.

Chankanaab is nice; doesn't have a real "beach", but it does have good snorkeling from shore. Also there is an admission charge of $16 per adult and $8 per child. Discount coupon on their website. Close to the ship. Taxi there/back on your own.

Passion Island; nice beach, but not really near the ship. You have to take a boat to get there. Doesn't sound like the place to keep most kids entertained for all day unless they really like to play in the sand/water a lot. Probably costs the most out of all your choices too.

Chankanaab Park is incredible. Great snorkeling, good food, good service.

Paradise Beach is nice, with lots of water toys for the kids. Low price.

Passion Island is beautiful but has biting flies (ouch) and I think the kids would be bored. Also, for the adults, liquor is not even our shelf brands. But the food was good and the beach is beautiful.

Never been to Mr. Sancho's so can't comment.

Have a great cruise!

Archived