Reputable Cigar Store

MJL

I'll be in PDC in 37 days (but who's counting ;) ) for a land vacation. Our hotel is quite near there so I'll stop by to see if it's still under the same mgmt and let you know when I get back.

Thanks for the offer. We'll be there in 15 days. This one is land-based for us, also. One of the books I read this week recommended Wal-Mart, believe it or not. They have decent prices and not the counterfeit Cubans that are often prevalent in some shops.

Mike

Thanks for the offer. We'll be there in 15 days. This one is land-based for us, also. One of the books I read this week recommended Wal-Mart, believe it or not. They have decent prices and not the counterfeit Cubans that are often prevalent in some shops.

Mike

Really, Walmart? I find that very hard to believe since Walmart is a US based corporation and would therefore be violating the embargo with Cuba by selling such items in their stores.

The only place you can go in Playa to be sure you are buying authentic Cuban cigars is the La Casa Del Habano (LCDH). They are the state sponsored Habanos S.A. franchise.

Here is the address from the LCDH website: Ave. Cozumel Lote 1 Manzana 81 L-1c E/ 26 y 28 Nte. Playa del Carmen

That address makes no sense to me though, so once you get there it would be best to ask someone where the "LCDH" store is.

Really, Walmart? I find that very hard to believe since Walmart is a US based corporation and would therefore be violating the embargo with Cuba by selling such items in their stores.

We'll find out in about two weeks if the author is correct. We'll be stocking up on a few other items that Wal-Mart carries like wine, beer and soda.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

As a follow-up:

I would not recommend Walmart as recommended in a book I read. Prices were not any better than any of the other shops we visited. It seems to be a leased space.

We tried a couple of shops on Quinta Avenida. Really liked the selection and prices of Casa Partaga. (Between Calle 12 and 14 if I remember correctly). Also bought some from another shop that had fresh stock and reasonable prices. We stayed away from the street hawkers.

Looking forward to a return visit.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Next time try Lauro's on the 5th and 6th north, are mexican cigars but are very good and a lot cheaper than the cubans, they are rolling just in front of you, try their torpedo.

We stopped there, but had already purchased all the cigars we needed. Next time we will give them a shot.

Mike

Archived