FLL Hotels--Yankee Clipper vs. Hyatt Pier 66

balibeachboy

We are trying to decide between the Yankee Clipper and the Hyatt Pier 66. Which do people think is a better place for kids? It looks like the YC is right on the beach, but the Hyatt has nice looking pools. If anyone has stayed at either one with kids, please let me know what you thought.

Thanks.

I never srayed at Pier 66 but I have stayed several times at the Clipper. I stayed there before I had kids but can relate now that I have two. The place is family friendly like any Sheraton. They have a regular pool nothing special but a nice tiki bar on the beach. You can walk right into cowntown Fort Lauderdale from "the Clipper" to little shops & sites like the Olympic Hall of fame and the fishing boats are across the street and the sight seeing boat too. Pier 66 never offered anything better. There is also basket ball and volley ball depending on the ages of your children and there are lifeguards. The Clipper also has a nice little coffe shop with fresh squeezed OJ for breakfast. The place is getting a little old. Ask for an ocean view in the main building or pay a little extra for ocean front. Dont take a room across A1A or you'll be in the newer building quire a hike from the beach> Hope that helps:) PS Pier 66 has a nice restaurant on top!:D

Archived