Manzanillo sunken ship San Luciano snorkeling

cruzinismyname

Has anyone been to La Boquita beach and gone snorkeling at the sunken ship?

Are there people who have boats that will take you out there for a couple of hours? I know that it is about 250 yards offshore. Any and all info would be appreciated. Rental equipment there at beach? Beachside restaurants? Thank you

This is a copy of what I posted on our roll call

Snorkel company in Manzanillo.

To all:

I have had two e-mails from a snorkel company in Manzanillo.

“Here is a link with info on our snorkeling trips plus traveler reviews:

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=MEX&lcode=MZO&tcode=008566

This is from Shore Trips. You will notice that they charge $56 for our tour, while if you book direct, we charge only $45.”

Susan

“The equipment is the basic mask, fins, life jackets if needed are on the boat and we have some flotation devices. We do take a cooler with water and sodas and the boats have a canopy. Each boat hold up to 12 people as we are not a cattle car operation but we can do several boats. Price per person is $45 US and if you prepay and make your reservations and provide at least 10 persons per boat I'll do it boot $35 per person.

Another great part of this is that where our boats are docked there are a bunch of little restaurants and shops that most folks stay there and have lunch and then take a cab back to their ship.”

Carlos,

La Cabana del Buceo

To quote the web site:

“You must take a taxi to the starting point of this trip. The ride costs approximately $12 per taxi of up to 4 people (each way) and takes about 15 minutes from the cruise ship pier. Specific directions will appear on your voucher.

Bring a towel, sun block and a dry T-shirt. After the snorkel trip, if you choose to stay and have lunch on the beach, the restaurant staff will call a taxi for your return back to the cruise pier or your hotel.”

Let me know what you think and what your plans are.

I am not sure if we will use them to go snorkeling or go to Las Hadas or Karima Palace and “Day Pass” it.

Thanks for the reply Jones391, but I guess what Im really trying to find out if maybe there might be someone right off the beach who might take us out for an hour or so. Thought about just swimming out there from shore, maybe with a life jacket on. Anyone else with suggestions or ideas?

Archived