Taking own wine on board

orienteering

They certainly check all hand baggage especially when their ships call at ports where wine/spirits are cheap. I am told that other unaccompanied cases being loaded goes through a normal x-ray security system but I couldn't confirm this. One good thing is that wine on board Fred. Olsen ships is significantly cheaper than on most other cruise ships, especially the American ones, as are other drinks.

remember that fred checks this site out so if you are going to bring it on you could be flagged up and your luggage singled out

steve

They certainly check all hand baggage especially when their ships call at ports where wine/spirits are cheap. I am told that other unaccompanied cases being loaded goes through a normal x-ray security system but I couldn't confirm this. One good thing is that wine on board Fred. Olsen ships is significantly cheaper than on most other cruise ships, especially the American ones, as are other drinks.

Fred. must have the best value bar prices of any line sailing from the UK. The house wine @ £11.25 a bottle (either in the bars, restaurants or your minibar) is the best I have had & I normally go for something a little pricier. You can also buy duty free to consume on board, unlike most & Bombay Sapphire gin is £12 a bottle.

I would be tempted to take my own grog on board the nickel & dimers like Cunard, but on Fred. there is no need. :)

On a similar note is bottled water freely available or cheap on the Braemar or should we bring some of our own? Our cabin (next May) will have a fridge. I was also wondering about fresh milk for tea in cabin.

Thanks.

I find that it is better to buy bottled water at ports of call - it is cheaper. If you go on organised excursions you are almost always given free water. This you can take back on the ship without any problem. Milk is supplied in your cabin (it is replenished twice daily) but it is long-life.

Archived