Would we be disappointed?

Brayman

Last year we went on a weekender cruise on Oceana to Zebrugge/Brugges and thoroughly enjoyed out first cruise experience.

Having been prudent this year we are planning another cruise in 2010 and still being uncertain about "longer" cruises aren't really sure about going 7 day or 12 day.

One of the options we are looking at is the Artemis cruise to Portugal, Spain and France in April but having read lots on this really useful forum I have concerns about going on Artemis after experiencing Oceana. These concerns are further excerbated when I learn that Artemis is being sold and perhaps 2010 isn't the best time to give it a try.

My real question is whether you think Artemis just might NOT be the one to go for next year.

We hope to book within the next two weeks so any feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

By the way the 12 day cruise wouldn't be on Artemis.

Last year we went on a weekender cruise on Oceana to Zebrugge/Brugges and thoroughly enjoyed out first cruise experience.

Having been prudent this year we are planning another cruise in 2010 and still being uncertain about "longer" cruises aren't really sure about going 7 day or 12 day.

One of the options we are looking at is the Artemis cruise to Portugal, Spain and France in April but having read lots on this really useful forum I have concerns about going on Artemis after experiencing Oceana. These concerns are further excerbated when I learn that Artemis is being sold and perhaps 2010 isn't the best time to give it a try.

My real question is whether you think Artemis just might NOT be the one to go for next year.

We hope to book within the next two weeks so any feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

By the way the 12 day cruise wouldn't be on Artemis.

Longer cruises are what cruising is all about. Relaxing and enjoying the ship, you don't get that on a short 2nighter. If you liked the weekender you'll love a longer cruise.

Although April might be a bit early for the 7n cruise just down to Spain and back, don't forget you will be crossing the bay of biscay and the sea could be rough, and its still early for really good weather in France and Spain is it Vigo? then. Why not go a bit later ? say May or June?

I expect Artemis will be kept to a good standard as she is being sold to another shipping line for continued use not scrapped, so if you fancy her, why not!

Hi we are going on ventura for seven night in june and have never cruised before ,how many nigts does not really matter it is how you enjoy it .Have read many reviews about ventura and other ships but ventura gets a lot of stick ,you have to make your own mind up as all ships dont suit everyone.DONT listen to all the bad things there are some very good ones hope this helps val/steve:o

Hi we are going on ventura for seven night in june and have never cruised before ,how many nigts does not really matter it is how you enjoy it .Have read many reviews about ventura and other ships but ventura gets a lot of stick ,you have to make your own mind up as all ships dont suit everyone.DONT listen to all the bad things there are some very good ones hope this helps val/steve:o

I have cruised 2nights, 3n, 7n, 9n 13n, 14, and 16nights on different cruises, and have enjoyed them all, but the more nights you have the more time you have to relax onboard, and thats what cruising is all about.

A 2nighter is less than 48 hours, you spend a lot of time trying to find your way around, exploring, eating and sleeping, plus a day ashore. So not much time to relax. Just back from 7nights cruise and it was lovely - we did Fjords, with 4 ports in 7 days very enjoyable, we booked afternoon trips too so very relaxing, having breakfast and exploring.

Archived