Progresso or Calico

1027rm

I am trying to decide between two cruises. One stops in Progresso and Cozumel, the other one stops in Calica and Cozumel. I have been to Cozumel but not the other two locations. Can anyone provide information on Progresso and Calica and which would be better perhaps? Is the beach water like it is at Cozumel? What's there to do? Thanks for your help.

I am trying to decide between two cruises. One stops in Progresso and Cozumel, the other one stops in Calica and Cozumel. I have been to Cozumel but not the other two locations. Can anyone provide information on Progresso and Calica and which would be better perhaps? Is the beach water like it is at Cozumel? What's there to do? Thanks for your help.

I have done both those itineraries and much prefer Calica over Progresso. The water in Progresso is muddy looking, not clear at all, and there is not a lot of shore options other than taking a long bus ride to one of the Mayan ruins, or a trip to nearby Merida. On the other hand, Calica is the gateway to many attractions; Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Xelha to name a few. The Tulum ruins are less than an hour away, and the water in Calica is clear and beautiful.

I loved Calica also..It was very pretty...The water was so clear and blue..We went to Xcaret and loved it...I Hope to go back one day and take my kids...I haven't been to Progresso so I can't help you with that, but I know I want to go back to Xcaret

darla

Archived