Late Flight, what to do with luggage?

nutzo

I have a late flight out of Sydney (9:00 PM) on the same day we disembark from the ship at circular quay.

The ship has a couple Airport tours, but they are short (3 hours) and would put us back at the airport before 1:00pm. Besides being a bit expensive for the limited time, I'd hate to sit in the airport for 8 hours.

If I had a place to store our luggage for the day, there's plenty we could do in the 8+ hours before we would need to be at the airport.

I'm looking for any suggestions of an inexpensive place we could store our luggage, or a private tour/airport transfer that would give us more time in Sydney.

We will be in Sydney 3 days before the cruise, so we will have already had time to do some site seeing, but there's so much to see, I'd hate to waste the last day.

HI,

Landth offered me these suggestions when I asked the same question.

We have decided that we will try to make arrangements with our pre-cruise hotel first. While we are there before the cruise we will try to make arrangements to store our luggage for the day on the way back. If this doesn't work, we will try whichever of these is closest to the pier.

Good luck!

Name: Travellers Contact Point

Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 09:00 to 18:00;

Saturday - 10:00 to 16:00;

Sunday & Public Holidays - Closed

Telephone: 1800 647 640 or +61 2 9221 8744

Name: Wanderers-Travel.com

Opening Hours: Monday - Sunday 8:00 to 19:00

Telephone: +61 2 9280 4933

Hi,

Most if not all hotels in Sydney will hold your luggage for you. Suggest you do email them to make arrangements. If by chance they don't, then the International Terminal at Sydney does have a baggage holding facility....for a small cost. They are located next to MacDonalds in the International arrival section. The web site for a look/see is http://www.sydneyairport.com.au. There is a train service that goes from Central Station right to both Domestic and International Terminals, which takes about 10 minutes if I remember correctly. The hotel also should provide a shuttle service to and fro the airport.

Hope this assists a bit.......enjoy Sydney, such a pretty city, with lots to see.

Cheers,

Bob and Jen

Hi,

Most if not all hotels in Sydney will hold your luggage for you. Suggest you do email them to make arrangements. If by chance they don't, then the International Terminal at Sydney does have a baggage holding facility....for a small cost.

We are only staying at a hotel before the cruise, not after, so I don't really have a hotel to leave our bags at after the cruise. I'm going to ask if our "before" hotel would be able to store the luggage for the "after cruise" day when we check in, but I'd be suprised if they said yes.

I did stumble on a listing for some other "luggage storage" places. None of them are within walking distance of the dock, so we would have to take a cab.

http://www.sydney.com.au/lockers-luggage-storage.htm

nutzo- Notice you're from OC too. :)

I think the precruise hotel will be willing to store your bags...first of all because the travel industry is scrambling to keep customers happy. Also, the Aussies are very accomodating in general.

If that doesn't work, do you belong to any hotel "points" programs? They may be willing to help even if you're not staying there. Of course pre-arrange this.

We are only staying at a hotel before the cruise, not after, so I don't really have a hotel to leave our bags at after the cruise. I'm going to ask if our "before" hotel would be able to store the luggage for the "after cruise" day when we check in, but I'd be suprised if they said yes.

Same for us, hotel is pre-cruise only, 5 nights in total. I'd be surprised if they say no. Of course a good tip will be in order :D. We are members of the Marriott Rewards program and the loyalty thing might help too.

Of course during our stay I'll scope out who is the nicest front desk person and ask them.

We were on Rhapsody in July in Alaska & they have a new service where they will send your luggage directly to the airport for you for $20 US, as long as your flight departs before midnight. It was well worth the money to not have to deal with it when departing the ship. We were also able to depart the ship earlier since we didn't have to claim our luggage in the warehouse.

We were on Rhapsody in July in Alaska & they have a new service where they will send your luggage directly to the airport for you for $20 US, as long as your flight departs before midnight. It was well worth the money to not have to deal with it when departing the ship. We were also able to depart the ship earlier since we didn't have to claim our luggage in the warehouse.

Thanks for the idea but it is based on ports and not on the ship. RCCL told me they do not yet offer this service in Sydney. (maybe by the time we get there they will have added it)

Archived