Breakfast times on Ryndam

Father of 3

Hi, we are booked on the Ryndam for Jan 17, we have only been on one cruise before Disney line as we take our kids everywhere we go. We thought it would be nice to try something more upscale. What time does the dining room open for breakfast, is it early enough that we won't miss time at the excursion ports. Thanks for any info you can provide.

The dining room is usually open an hour or so but the lido is open several hours. I am a room service woman for breakfast which really suits me. You will have lots of answers to your question. Have a great cruise.

Lido - 6:30am to 10:30am

Dining Room - 7:30am to 9am

Room Service - 24 hours

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07, Westerdam ‘09

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Pending Cruises:

Oceania – Insignia, June 17, 2010

I haven't been on the Ryndam, but typically the Dining Room is open for breakfast just 8:00a to 9:30a. The Lido continental buffet typically opens either at 6:00a or 6:30a (depending on whether it is a port or sea day) and the full buffet opens 30 minutes later.

We used room service on the Ryndam on our port days. You put on the card what you want and put it on your door before retiring for the night. We even added items that were not listed-and had no trouble getting them. We added apple juice, raisin buns, and chocolate croissants. We noted the "half hour" we wanted it delivered and it was always brought at the beginning of the half hour noted. They were wonderful with making sure everything was warm.

Hi, we are booked on the Ryndam for Jan 17, we have only been on one cruise before Disney line as we take our kids everywhere we go. We thought it would be nice to try something more upscale.

I do not think that HAL is considered more upscale to Disney. It's a different experience -that's all.

Welcome aboard Cruise Critic. I agree with above. We eat in the Lido when we want to get on with the day and go ashore, etc. The dining room is wonderful if you have the time to relax. 7:30 or 8:00 A.M. is normal on the Ryndam depending if you are at sea or in port.

Have a wonderful cruise with your family!!!

Archived