Inspiration 10/1-10/5/09 Review

detwings

Just got off the Inspiration this morning. Did self-assist disembarkation and were off the ship by 8:10 am. We were on the Empress Deck. Would have been earlier if the international passengers would have gone thru customs as requested, but that is to be expected. Otherwise, very well organized.

Embarkation: We were on the ship by 11:50 am. Got to Tampa at 10:10 am. First were 2 weddings, vIPs, then group 1 which we were. Even though its been 10 years since we cruised Carnival, we saw great improvements. Pleasantly surprised. Rooms were available at 1:30 pm. Had an Oceanview on Empress Deck (E173) and it was great. Lots of storage, our stateroom attendant Arnold did a great job. Not alot of shelves in the bathroom, however, but every where else was great, especially the closet. Loved the bathrobes.

Food: Dining room for dinner was better than expected. Matrie d' (George the Greek) in the Madri Gras is OUTSTANDING. Highlites for dinner were the Flat Iron Steak, lobster, ribs, sweet and sour shrimp, melting chocolate cake were very very good. We had anytime dining and sat at table 125 and had Melchor, Jester and Gede, who did an outstanding job. Dining room for breakfast however was a disappointment. The eggs benedict and corn beef hash was not up to standard with RCL, NCL, Celebrity or Princess. Had breakfast in the buffet and was just fine for us. Did not try the dining room for lunch. Lunch was in the buffet and thought that was good. Pizza was very good and better than expected and enjoyed it on a couple of afternoons. Buffet for lunch was good, especially the burgers and sandwich station.

Entertainment: The production shows were okay compared to other cruise lines. Singers not as strong, dancers on par. Other entertaners: Rhaposody in Blue (Piano Bar) with Jason Sing A Long was FANTABLULOUS. He is a great entertainer, gets the audience going and is a great singer. Go see him. However, we are not smokers and this bar was a little too smokey for us. Other music: Pool band was good, other singers/entertainers were okay. Raquell from Carnival, who does the Karokee in the Candelight Lounge was a FANTASTIC singer. We loved listening to her.

SHIP: Even though Inspiration is old, Carnival does a great job of maintaining the ship. The upgrades they made to bedding, pillows, and staterooms make the ship feel newer. All the public areas are well maintained and we enjoyed the ship more than expected'. My husband and I did the slide for the WATERWORKS, we enjoyed the Serentity area. The only challenge is the one pool with your days at sea. Also, compared to other cruise lines, in particular NCL, Carnival is a little lack on hand sanitizers. With the H1N1, Norwalk Virus, we feel more comfortable with rigorous hand santizing.

Bottom line: Would we do Carnival again? Yes. We are booked on the Liberty in April.

Hopefully Jason at the Piano Bar (Rhapsody in Blue) will still be there. He is there at 9:30 pm. Like I said he is great!!!!

Had to get the Fun SHip Cocktail special with souvenir tail cost is $10.95, expensive but had to have 2. The Captains Party, which was Saturday, was only $1 off on drinks. Yesterday, last day, (Sunday) was the farewell party which was complimentary drinks for all from 5-6 pm.

we are booked on Liberty in April but looking for another in January.

nice room good location we had that room e199 on the 09/17/09 cruise. check your dining assignment as soon as you can we had table 360 in the front of the of the back dinning room at the bottom of the stairs from the cigar bar. if you get that table change it as soon as you board. you will get smoked out by the cigar smoke.

nice room good location we had that room e199 on the 09/17/09 cruise. check your dining assignment as soon as you can we had table 360 in the front of the of the back dinning room at the bottom of the stairs from the cigar bar. if you get that table change it as soon as you board. you will get smoked out by the cigar smoke.

Thanks for the heads up - I will have to check that as soon as possible. It would not be a crowd pleaser. :D

Thanks for the review - we board her on 10/19 :) I will definitely hit the piano bar now.

Hopefully Jason at the Piano Bar (Rhapsody in Blue) will still be there. He is there at 9:30 pm. Like I said he is great!!!!.

I certainly enjoyed Jason as well during my 9/17/09 Inspiration cruise. :)

He joined the ship on the sailing right before mine, so he should definitely still be there the rest of this month (and beyond).

Enjoy, and Bon Voyage!

Also, welcome back, detwings! - - Glad you had a fun time as well.

I certainly enjoyed Jason as well during my 9/17/09 Inspiration cruise. :)

He joined the ship on the sailing right before mine, so he should definitely still be there the rest of this month (and beyond).

Enjoy, and Bon Voyage!

Also, welcome back, detwings! - - Glad you had a fun time as well.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I will be on the Inspiration until Nov 2 and then I am of for a few weeks. Stop by and say hi!

Archived