Travel Options from Port to Airport

Cruiser Cats

Can anyone advise what options are available to get from the cruise ship port (Piraeus) to the international airport? We will be arriving on a Friday morning and have a flight out at 1:30. We've already toured Athens, but would also consider a brief tour on the way to the airport. Most likely we will just want to head straight to the airport. We are looking for less expensive options than what the cruise line offers. Thanks!

We just returned from Athens at the end of a crusie and had

pre arranged transportation but I will give you my opinion and an option. George the famous taxi driver in Athens can probably arrange to pick you up and have a short tour before you go to the airport. You will probably have to be off the ship by 8:00am. We used his son Billy for an all day tour of Athens and could not have been more pleased. It was a group of 11 and we saw all the sights including the changing of the guard which we did not know about. The ship transportation is probably about $90 per person on a bus. I feel you could probably get a short tour and get to the airport for about that or less. Just enter George the famous taxi driver in Athens on the internet and you will get numerous reviews and find his internet site. I think a taxi is your best bet as the airport is about 45 min to an hour away. You could probably negotiate with a taxi driver at the port but if you pre arrange it you will not have to worry. Hope this helps.

We just got off a cruise ship yesterday in Athens. We took the airport express bus for 3.20 euros. We did need to walk about a mile, not quite as far as the metro to get the 96X bus. It took an hour to get to the airport on a Sunday morning with no traffic. The bus does not go into Athens but goes along the coast.

Archived