Online cruise documents or mailed paper documents?

Hi everyone!

I just paid off my balance YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! and I was wondering if I was better off downloading your cruise documents (luggage tags etc etc) or waiting for them in the mail. When I saw how much I had to print I was like "whoa! its going to cost me more in ink to print these then it is to wait for them in the mail!"

Any thoughts?

THank you!!!

Don't print them as there is really nothing you need. Once you go online to royalcaribbean.com and check in you will be prompted to print your boarding pass which is one piece of paper. That along with your passport and credit card are all you will need to board the ship. The only thing really useful in the documents are your luggage tags and if for some reason you don't get the docs in the mail, luggage tags are readily available at the pier from the porters.

Have a great cruise!

It is my understanding that if you get electronic docs, you will not be getting docs in the mail. You have to call and ask for paper docs if you want them. The only thing you need from the electronic docs is the page where you sign for your on board purchases and put your card info in. It is two pages. The rest is just info for you.

You also have to request luggage tags if you want paper ones. You can do that in the My Cruises section. Click on your cruise and then click on tools or something like that. There was another post about the tags somewhere on here.

Yeah just go into your reservation and there'll be a HUGE option on, like, the first page where you can order luggage tags if you have edocs.

I requested paper docs but they were sent to a travel agency where I used to work and I wasn't sure if my former boss would bother sending me the docs knowing they're completely useless...so I ordered luggage tags online. They arrived about five days later.

Just do that and print off your setsail pass. The only think you'll be missing is the booklet that has all the info that's online and you certainly don't need to bring ANY of that.

Yeah just go into your reservation and there'll be a HUGE option on, like, the first page where you can order luggage tags if you have edocs.

I requested paper docs but they were sent to a travel agency where I used to work and I wasn't sure if my former boss would bother sending me the docs knowing they're completely useless...so I ordered luggage tags online. They arrived about five days later.

Just do that and print off your setsail pass. The only think you'll be missing is the booklet that has all the info that's online and you certainly don't need to bring ANY of that.

You were able to order the luggage tags even though you had requested paper docs? I thought that was an option only if you ordered e-docs.

How far in advance were you to order your luggage tags, isn't there a minimum time?

Thanks.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

You were able to order the luggage tags even though you had requested paper docs? I thought that was an option only if you ordered e-docs.

How far in advance were you to order your luggage tags, isn't there a minimum time?

Thanks.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

I definitely requested paper docs because lo and behold, they actually came two days before my luggage tags came. So now I have about eight luggage tags for EACH of us and we're each only going to have one suitcase, lol.

I have no idea about the minimum time. I got them last week and I cruise 11/1 so at least there you know you can do it at the 5-week mark.

Happy cruising to you too.

I have no idea about the minimum time. I got them last week and I cruise 11/1 so at least there you know you can do it at the 5-week mark.

We use AAA Travel and my experience is the cut off for the booklet type tickets is 30 days from sailing. Booking after that we have received e-tickets. The only "ticket" you really have to have for boarding is the Set Sail pass that you generate on line.

We use AAA Travel and my experience is the cut off for the booklet type tickets is 30 days from sailing. Booking after that we have received e-tickets. The only "ticket" you really have to have for boarding is the Set Sail pass that you generate on line.

Right. I'm really just talking about luggage tags.

what do the luggage tags look like - i got my info. from AAA yesterday and didn't have any luggage tags - do i need them????

If you can get into your reservation online, you can fill in the info and click the link saying yes, you want luggage tags.

It's a sheet of stickers with your name, deck, ship and room number. There are about four or five for each person on the sheet and each tag can be ripped off at the perforations. They're really stickers...like the ones the airlines attach when you check your bags.

If you can't get them before you cruise, the porters at the pier will have them. You just write the info on them and attach them and hand the bag to the porter. You just need it for the bags you give the porters so the crew know where to deliver your bags.

Hi I already filled in my cruise documents, there are two of us going however, its only 1 sheet with both our names on it?? and only my name for the ship board cash account.... I have not sailed in a LONG time and I was so used to receiving my cute little booklet. So should I just request for it to be mailed to me? Also I have heard that sometimes you DO NOT receive your cruise documents, is this true?

Thank you for all of your help!

Claudia

Archived