A miami hotel that has...

Rachy817

First time cruising out of Miami and we are looking for some help!

Id love ANY recommendations for a Miami area hotel (location not super important) that is nice 3 stars or more and that walking distance to a liquor store? We would love to only pay around $100'ish per room, but will pay more if we have to! Oh if there is a shuttle offered by the hotel, that would be helpful to, but not necessary!

Thanks in advance!

First time cruising out of Miami and we are looking for some help!

Id love ANY recommendations for a Miami area hotel (location not super important) that is nice 3 stars or more and that walking distance to a liquor store? We would love to only pay around $100'ish per room, but will pay more if we have to! Oh if there is a shuttle offered by the hotel, that would be helpful to, but not necessary!

Thanks in advance!

Are you looking for January 2010? If so your budget is way too low and anything around $100 will be an dismal hotel in a horrible location. By horrible location I mean crime ridden. Even then $100 would probably only get you a one star in cracktown.

Can you up your budget? What are your exact dates? Some dates in Miami are worse than others.

Non marathon weekend/superbowl week you could easily find a 2 1/2 star on hotwire or priceline for $150.

That

Yes- I realize that Miami area in Jan is expensive! We are thinking of sharing a room (4 adults) in order to save money. We are looking for 1 night Jan16th!

If you don't want to mess around with this, I'd go to hotwire and put in your dates and four people and see what comes up.

In all honesty, I'd probably want to go ahead and book something as inventory will become tighter and tighter as your dates get closer.

January 16 is a holiday weekend... Your only hope is getting lucky on Priceline or Hotwire, but I doubt you're going to get a 3-star for so little on a Holiday weekend. You have to be more realistic about price when you're going in prime time.

Check out Sofitel in Miami. I can't remember the room rate but they have a shuttle that will pick you up from the airport, take you to a liquor store or you could walk from the hotel. You could also take the shuttle the the cruise ship terminal. Again I'm not sure if they are in your price range or not but it's worth checking out if you can up your budget a little.

Yes- I realize that Miami area in Jan is expensive! We are thinking of sharing a room (4 adults) in order to save money. We are looking for 1 night Jan16th!

So are you saying that each adult will chip in 100$ each? If so there are many nice hotels you can choose from in the S Baeach area where everything is in walking distance. Cab to port maybe about 30$.

Can't use Priceline as the rooms will only guarantee for two people. I wouldn't take a chance and end up putting 4 adults in a king bed, if you don't get the doubles. :eek:

Archived