Best Hilton chain using points in NYC

flashdog_1

traveling on NCL Dawn. Don't know which pier but you probably do. Maybe location doesn't matter that much (as far as being close to the pier) except to be able to BE in NY. Only areas there is availablility at this time is Doubletree 35th? St w/free breakfast. another is near Statue of Liberty for more points. Help! This will be only one day prior to cruise, so probably want a location with walkable tourist stuff/restaurants. Thanks.

traveling on NCL Dawn. Don't know which pier but you probably do. Maybe location doesn't matter that much (as far as being close to the pier) except to be able to BE in NY. Only areas there is availablility at this time is Doubletree 35th? St w/free breakfast. another is near Statue of Liberty for more points. Help! This will be only one day prior to cruise, so probably want a location with walkable tourist stuff/restaurants. Thanks.

The Hampton Inn at Times Square North uses 5,000 fewer points, offers breakfast, and according to Tripadvisor, has plenty of positive reviews. For my upcoming stay in NYC before our cruise, I switched our reservation from the Hilton Times Square to the Hampton Inn Times Square North. I did so becuase I liked the idea of saving points, getting free breakfast, it's location, and all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor convinced me this should be a good place to stay.

To add, the hotel is not near the pier, it's in the Times Square area, which is where I'd rather be anyhow. I can take a cab to the ship.

Being near the pier is not necessary or particularly desirable in New York. The Times Square area is much more interesting and a short cab ride from the pier. All the midtown hotels that have been mentioned are within blocks of the "action".

Personally, I'd rather be downtown but for a newbie, definitely the Doubletree. You'll love the hotel and the location.

Archived