PV - Las Caletas or Krystal 4-hands?

BarBug

Oh, the dilemma!! I had appts at the Krystal for 4 hands massage and have cancelled so we can do the Las Caletas Hideaway tour....

If there is anybody reading this who has done them both, I'd appreciate a comparison.

....think I'm gonna miss out by not getting my 4-hands?:(

I've done both and believe me, it's a 50/50 toss up. I did Las Caletas in 2003; and Krystal 4-hands for the past 3 years in a row. I will again be in PV in November of this year and have opted for LC, just because it has been a while since choosing that activity.

I am still wondering how I can accomplish both in the same day, but I know LC takes up almost the entire port time.

Ship time and port time are different in PV. If the ship docks at 8 a.m., it is actually 9 a.m. in PV, so take that into account when booking anything. We used to book our massage for around 11 a.m. and walk to the Krystal. Massage took 60-90 minutes and then we spent the rest of the day hanging out in the pool area, eating and drinking, at the hotel. Usually made for a very enjoyable and stressless day.

Las Caletas is a different type of relaxation. You can choose to just park your butt in a chair on the beach and never move a muscle or participate in the activities. Food/drinks at LC are great, especially if you like hand-crafted margaritas. Also, unlimited drinks with your meal and on the boat trip home.

Although the boat from LC will get you back to the dock in time to board the ship, there is really no set time for its arrival. Last time, our boat came upon a school of dolphins and we followed them for a long time, watching them leap out of the water and play around the boat. (this added an additional 30 minutes to the trip back to dock and would have made me late for a massage appointment if I had booked it based on the ETA of Las Caletas trip docking.)

I guess if I had to pick one over the other (provided I hadn't done either), I would have to say I'd go with the massage. And the reason I choose it is because friends tell me that when I tell them about going to Las Caletas, I sound excited. But when I tell them about the 4-hands massage, I sound ecstatic!

Having written all this......I guess there really is no better choice. Just pick one and vow to go back and do the other next time.

I do, however, plan to satisfy my massage fix by trying an 8 hands massage in Mazatlan. Yeah, really! Couldn't believe it when I saw it advertised.

I agree with the previous poster - can be a toss up. Although, even though, I enjoyed Las Caletas I do like having the option of choosing what I want to do for the day after visiting the Krystal. Las Caletas was beautiful and the ride down there was incredible but it is an all day excursion. I really do like going to the Krystal and having the opportunity to eat lunch in their open air palapa restaurant by the pool. They have really good food and it is reasonable. Then like being able to take a taxi into PV and shop by the Malecon and maybe have a drink in a bar or restaurant there. I guess I would vote for the Krystal!:)

I've been to the Krystal 3 times....loved the massages....loved, loved, loved the massages (2hands)....

DH wants a different experience, so Las Caletas won and I was hoping it would be as good an experience.

But, :eek:what's this about 8 hands in Mazatlan? (:p:p:pears perking up!!!)

Archived