All you ES bookers sailing soon need to check

The only problem about getting a good bargain to begin with is that there are never any price drops. But cannot complain on $219pp fare for a 6B OV for five nights. It is now selling for $329.

Dave

Im paying more than that for my 1A out of New Orleans which is usually cheap....just smile I guess that you booked at the right time.

Thanks for the info-now I know!

That info is not correct. We received an upsell call 6 months ago for our Splendor cruise and the carnival rep was offering a spa deck balcony for $100 per person more than what we paid for our inside cabin. She said I see you have $200 in OBC we can delete that and you can have the balcony. I counter offered $75 and she took it so basically we ended up with $50 OBC took the balcony and paid no more cash for the upsell. I guess it is who you talk to on the day of the upsell call.

Anyone ever have price drops on the Pride sailing in March 2010

There were price drops about 30 days out on our Pride cruise. We were in a sold out category, so we upgraded.

If your sailings are months or years away, don't automatically think that you won't see a drop. Our rates only dropped that once, and it was a very short window so I had to grab it when I saw it.

TakeMeAway1001--

Yup, that was probably me as I found aft 5268 showing, but at a higher price than today. My TA was off yesterday, so I was waiting until today to check with her. That cabin was gone, but 5297 popped up instead, so that was the one I was trying to get, but as someone explained above, my OBC was tied to an early refundable deposit booking, and could apparently not be changed. There have not been any booking OBC's offered like that for quite a while.

I just like the Princess Future Cruise Credit system much better. You can bank the Credits and pick your cruise and TA after returning home, and get to shop the internet for bargains. The OBC's are in addition to any other OBC's offered by your TA or shareholder credits. Price drops before Final Payment are in $ reductions and after Final Payment are in OBC's. A lot less hassle.

This is our first Carnival cruise in about 3 years. We stopped cruising them in 2006 after two cruises with declining food quality and choices. We have recently read that this situation has improved and decided to try them again. We will also be Platinum for the first time and will be evaluating their program against Princess' also.

So far, Carnival is a -1 with their handling of the price reduction, so we shall see how they do with the rest of this cruise and will make a final evaluation after it is completed.

Every company has their positives and negatives, so one negative is not a deal killer, but we are just unhappy as this did not used to be the case with Carnival in the past.

I just like the Princess Future Cruise Credit system much better. You can bank the Credits and pick your cruise and TA after returning home, and get to shop the internet for bargains. The OBC's are in addition to any other OBC's offered by your TA or shareholder credits. Price drops before Final Payment are in $ reductions and after Final Payment are in OBC's. A lot less hassle..

The next cruise certificates can be combined with other OBCs such as stock holder credit on Carnival as well.

One thing the future cruise credits are good for 5 years on Carnival and only 3 years on Princess. Other than the hassle of snail mailing them in, they are just as good as Princess's from what I can see.

If its a future cruise OBC then the TA wouldnt be telling you that you cant just upgrade and the OBC stays with the booking... still sounds like its a OBC for a promo to me.... and you have something confused or your TA is confusing you.

FireFly--

It is a promo, and I was unaware that Carnival has started a book on board program wimilar to Princess Future Cruise Credits. I will have to check that out on board.

The promo was that you booked a specified room, deposited it, and had the ability to cancel the room if you chose until final payment date, and received a $100 p/p OBC. We were also able to get our $100 OBC as a shareholder. I did not realize that I would loose the OBC if I made any changes in the reservation such as changing cabin location, grade, etc.

I guess I could understand if I changed ships and/or sail dates, but trying to get an upgrade (when that upgrade was actually the same price paid for the current cabin) on the same sail date and ship just puzzels me.

Thanks for the info on their "Next Cruise" Program which I will look into while on board.

Salty Dawg

I hear you fly. I think your biggest obstacle is sailing from Texas where the price drops are rare. Florida cruises it happens frequently. Yeah somehow it is a lot less painfull spending OBC then $$ right out of you wallet!!

Probably rare on Carnival but a cruise that I had orginally booked on Royal Caribbean out of Carnival had 3 price drops. One was well over $150.pp.

FireFly--

Thanks for the info on their "Next Cruise" Program which I will look into while on board.

Salty Dawg

Not every ship has the future cruise desk yet. 5 ships so far... slow to expand. Thats why I bought extra next cruise certs to use in case I want to do smaller ships that dont have the next cruise desk. I have 4 extra next cruise certs still to use. works about like princess, $50 OBC on a 5 day, $75 on a 6 day, $100 on a 7 day, up to $200. Next cruise certs have to be mailed certified mail into Miami which is a pain.

Cant be combined with military but seem good with any other rate.

TakeMeAway1001--

Yup, that was probably me as I found aft 5268 showing, but at a higher price than today. My TA was off yesterday, so I was waiting until today to check with her. That cabin was gone, but 5297 popped up instead, so that was the one I was trying to get, but as someone explained above, my OBC was tied to an early refundable deposit booking, and could apparently not be changed. There have not been any booking OBC's offered like that for quite a while.

I just like the Princess Future Cruise Credit system much better. You can bank the Credits and pick your cruise and TA after returning home, and get to shop the internet for bargains. The OBC's are in addition to any other OBC's offered by your TA or shareholder credits. Price drops before Final Payment are in $ reductions and after Final Payment are in OBC's. A lot less hassle.

This is our first Carnival cruise in about 3 years. We stopped cruising them in 2006 after two cruises with declining food quality and choices. We have recently read that this situation has improved and decided to try them again. We will also be Platinum for the first time and will be evaluating their program against Princess' also.

So far, Carnival is a -1 with their handling of the price reduction, so we shall see how they do with the rest of this cruise and will make a final evaluation after it is completed.

Every company has their positives and negatives, so one negative is not a deal killer, but we are just unhappy as this did not used to be the case with Carnival in the past.

5297 is what I got with my Bal. Gty. booking last night

I am sure this has been asked an aswered, but I am unable to find this specific information.

Our final payment is due in December. Once that has been made, is that when we start tracking price drops if we booked ES rooms?

And if I see a price drop, do I need to contact my TA to be able to take advantage of it?

Thanks for your help. And I apologize if this has already been covered!

Silc

I am sure this has been asked an aswered, but I am unable to find this specific information.

Our final payment is due in December. Once that has been made, is that when we start tracking price drops if we booked ES rooms?

And if I see a price drop, do I need to contact my TA to be able to take advantage of it?

Silc

Dont wait until final payment to start tracking, start NOW. If you find a price drop before final payment, they will reduce your final payment amount. Start the day you book!!!

The only problem about getting a good bargain to begin with is that there are never any price drops. But cannot complain on $219pp fare for a 6B OV for five nights. It is now selling for $329.

Dave

Same boat for us. Booked 4B at $344, found some drops and did some upgrading, now paying $339 and in a 6C. Right now 6C shows at $409 for OV GTY and 6B at $459.

The prices did drop since two days ago when I posted about the 150 rooms still left on our sailing next month. So hopefully they'll drop again and we can make the leap to BL!

Silc

Like Firefly stated, start looking now, and every day! Go to the CCL site, and look at your cruise. We booked ES last April for our cruise next April, and the price dropped $90 PP, so far. We got that amount taken off of our final payment, which isn't due until Jan 25. So, go for it! Hopefully, you will get some thing off of your total!(Or OBC, if you're payed up!);)

Archived