Hotels in Miami

Mooloo

Hi

After my previous post in which I got lots of really useful suggestions for hotels near the Marriott Biscayne Bay, have just been told by the travel agent that NCL won't give me my free night on the Saturday because I changed my flights *sniff*:mad:

So, I've read the Florida threads 11 pages deep and as I'm confused as ever about hotels for our first visit to Miami.:confused:

We fly in on Thursady 12 November & need to book for 3 nights to take us to the cruise on 15 November.

I've looked at the hotel options intially offered by the agent and I'm coming out cheaper than they offered (Sofitel £167 / $280 or the Marriott Biscayne Bay £295 / $472).

I looked at some suggestions from my other thread (Hotel Viceroy, Epic Hotel etc) and they are coming up as very pricey for me - even if I'm converting from pounds.

I'm travelling with my mum and either easy access to sights & shopping or transport to get there and also reasonable transfer to the port is important.

We will be doing some last minute shopping for things like water shoes, pop and soft drinks; going on an art deco tour and generally mooching about the palce rather than frenetic sight seeing.

I've looked at South Beach (quite expensive or dodgy reviews on trip advisor), alot of places downtown such as the Hyatt or IC are booked out for the dates and I'm not sure about whether Coconut Grove is a reasonable location.

Any suggestions you have would be great - ideas for things to do & places to eat also welcome

Thanks

smile.gif

Mooloo

Coconut Grove is a nice area, but South Beach is much better, especially if you're spending 3 nights. You certainly do NOT want to spend 3 nights out by the airport or in downtown Miami.

Personally South Beach is the ONLY place I would want to spend more than a night if I didn't have a car. Yes it can be pricey, but it's a safe area, close to the port, and there is so much to do and see there that it's worth spending a bit more. If you want to see Art Deco architechture, that's where it's at! ;)

Try the Doubletree Surfcomber... http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/MIAOFDT-Doubletree-Surfcomber-Hotel-Miami-South-Beach-Florida/index.do

It's a nice hotel in a great location within safe easy walking distance to everything you could possibly want. They're currently showing rooms available on 12-15 November for US$209, or for US$177.65 is you pay in full at time of booking. Those are great prices for a nice place that's direct oceanfront and in the middle of it all.

Archived