Bringing wine aboard

uturpia

Officially no but unofficailly they seem not to bother. the rukes state that no ffod or drink can be brought onboard. I have occasionally brought on a bottle of wine or liquer and was half expecting it to be "kept for me" until the end of the voyage when I passed security but although security could not have failed to ahev noticed it, they did not say a word.

I used to bring aboard 2 bottles of wine at every port stop. Though not in glass bottles, but in cartoon packets so that they dont look "suspicious" when they pass through the x-ray machine. I think they always knew that it was wine, but guess closed an eye :) ....only used this for the cabin though. For restaurants bought wine+water packages.

Absolutely! We've already bought the wine package for Dinner and we'll have drinks in the lounges and bars as well. But, our children will go to bed earlier than we will because of the early morning ports of call. So I'm expecting some games of scrabble or cards on the balcony!

I was a bit fortunate in that my boy of 17 did the "baby sitting" of his 9 year old sister each night. Well, after a whole day of activities, he used to fall asleep before she did :).

Kids are safe onboard, from our experience. One of the things as far as safety goes that bothered us, was that the glass door that opens into the balcony is easily opened by a small kid, and it's dangerous for kids to be alone in the balcony! It's locks should have been a bit higher for kids to reach.

Don't forget your binoculars + digital cameras while being in your balcony...

Thanks, we will. Normally when we are away, the kids (age 6 and 8) stay up late and only get up later the next day :D. But being that Musica tends to be in port in the mornings, we'll have to peel them off the sheets if we let them go to bed as late as they usually do. Well, our daughter at least. I think our son could cope on less sleep a night than I do :rolleyes:

hi Bob7,

Sorry, don't wish to repeat here, but if you go to my thread (also here in these msc forums) called "Splendida cruise + some Malta info", and you will find some wine prices/lists etc--Just scroll a little down on the first page of the mentioned thread.

... and maybe you can find some other helpfull info apart wine, there too.

Beauseant, wouln't dream of leaving them in the cabin alone :eek: If any of our friends read that post they would laugh at us. We are the most paranoid parents and never leave them anywhere alone! Not even at ball pool parties etc.

Bob, if you are in the UK you have to pre-book the wine package through your travel agent, or if you booked directly through MSC, you will be able to book it through them. Edit: sorry, just saw that you are in Canada. Perhaps they have the same policy there though

We took a gamble on buying a small bottle of gin for our cabin from the duty free shop on board Splendida. A big notice explains that the purchase will be held for you until disembarkation but no, they just put it in a bag and let us take it away.

Even when they lock the fridge at the end of your stay, they remove all your personal drinks and snacks so that you can choose to take them away with you.

Just returned from Splendida. They do not seem to mind the bringing on of wine or liquor. We bought different bottles in different cities. Also at embarkation in Barcelona, there is a nice wine/liquor shop and they tell you it is fine to take it on the ship.

The wine and water packages are sold after check in and before embarkation.

Archived