Anyone dive from Nachi Cocum in Cozumel?

Has anyone ever done a dive while spending the day at Nachi Cocum in Cozumel? If so, what operation did they use? How was the operation? Where was the dive? How long were you gone? Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Just dove with them at the beginning of Oct. They use the dive shop that is at the resort down the beach. I believe it was the Allegro and the dive shop was Palancar dive. I signed up through Island Marketing for the beach day and a one tank dive. When you get to Nachi they tell you to walk down the beach, about 5 minutes to the dive shop. When I got to the shop they had no record of me, l brought my confirmation email with me, but realized I could have just walked down there on my own and paid less.

I signed up for the 10:30 dive. The boat was late and we ened up leaving after 11:00. I was back at the beach club at 1:15.

We took a large boat, there were 18 divers and three guides. The dive briefing was short and not very detailed, the other divers on the boat had already done a 9:00 dive so maybe that's why.

They let the divers choose the dive site and we dove La Francesa. This was a great drift dive with lot's of neat swim throughs. Cozumel is still my favorite place to dive.

Nachi is also very nice and the food is fantastic. I choose to dive through them because my DH is not a diver and could relax on the beach while I was gone. The dive op was fine, but the dive was excellent.

Hope this helps.

http://divepalancar.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The walk down the beach was quick & easy, but very buggy! My BF & I got bitten by No-see-um's AKA Sand Fleas, on the way down the beach & back to Nachi Cocum. The Allegro & Nachi-Cocum's beaches are sprayed regularly to kill the bugs, but not the area in between. My BF had nasty welts & really bad itching for several weeks afterwards & I had lots of itchy bites. We both love Cozumel for it's diving & hard working people, and had a great time both on the dive & at Nachi Cocum. If you tip, even just a little, (though the price is all-inclusive), the people really appreciate it & boy, do you get GREAT service! I can't wait to go back, but will definitely wear heavy duty bug repellant to prevent the constant scratching from those nasty bug bites.

Sally

Archived