Can I go to 7-Mile Beach and find a Parasailing excursion?

rene194215

So my friend and I want to parasail and it costs sooo much with the ship. So what we were thinking about doing is taking a taxi to 7-mile and asking the taxi driver if he may know of any of the parasailing companies. Does this sound like an ok plan??? Does anyone know of any parasailing spots? I though I read that of you get dropped off at certain spots along 7 mile that you can get one.

Also, is there anything to see if we try to snorkle along 7 mile? The only thing we have planned for here is the parasail and we were going to explore the rest of the time.

Thanks!!

You may want to check out http://www.redsailcayman.com - they offer parasailing along 7 mile beach. The best snorkeling along 7 mile beach is at Cemetery beach but they have no facilities there. Most of the beach is very sandy so there isn't much to see. You might get lucky though. We stayed at a condo in the middle of 7 mile and we snorkeled out along some concrete blocks that were used to tie dive boats to and we were surprised at what we were able to see. We saw a nice variety of fish, urchins and a sting ray.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Get a taxi from George Town to the Marriott beach resort. They have the red sail shop there and when we were there last April they were parasailing from the beach out back of the Marriott. Also they have a built concrete 'ball' shaped reef and loads of people snorkel off of there.

Hope you enjoy your trip, seven mile beach is lovely.

Archived