Current Pearl menus and cruise director

karen327

We sailed on the Pearl last March, and will be sailing on her again this nov.

First, I have read that NCL is expermenting with a new menu system where the same options are available everyday in both main dining rooms. Does anyone know if the Pearl is using that system, or if it is the same as last spring, when we had a different set of meal choices each day.

And Second, I heard that Simon is no longer the cruise director. Does anyone know who the new CD is for the Pearl and what changes may have taken place regarding entertainment?

Thanks.

It appears that the fixed menu is still in the experiemental stage and so far only on the Dawn

We sailed on the Pearl last March, and will be sailing on her again this nov.

First, I have read that NCL is expermenting with a new menu system where the same options are available everyday in both main dining rooms. Does anyone know if the Pearl is using that system, or if it is the same as last spring, when we had a different set of meal choices each day.

Thanks.

Was on the Pearl in September, and yes, Simon has left the Pearl; Julie is the new Cruise Director. She is much more laid back than Simon was, I truly missed his Australian accent over the speakers! I did not go to many of the shows, but did see the Liar's Club in Spinnaker, followed by Quest, which is not to be missed; it was a riot!

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed Fountains, which I believe is being done on many, if not all, NCL ships now. It is the last segment of the crew talent show, and truly fun.

I had heard that the menu test is only on the Dawn, too, so I did not pay much attention when I was there. I understood that the test was to have the same menu for dinner every night, etc., and this was truly not the case. I am not a Lobster, or seafood for that matter, fan, so can't tell you if they in fact have a lobster dish every evening. My favorite entre was the Beef Wellington and Yorkshire Pudding.

Oh, and the cold soups are still on the menus and still to die for!

Enjoy your cruise.

I also found out that the only way to cure the post-cruise blues is to book another one!

Archived