Stingrays and Defibrillator

RayDun

Hi there!

Im planning a tour to Stingray City next month and someone told me today that if you have a defibrillator on you should not get close to the stingrays as they could trigger it. Is this true? My father in law has a defibrillator and I want to check if it is safe for him to get in the water with the rays. (I tried doing research but couldnt find anything)

Hi there!

Im planning a tour to Stingray City next month and someone told me today that if you have a defibrillator on you should not get close to the stingrays as they could trigger it. Is this true? My father in law has a defibrillator and I want to check if it is safe for him to get in the water with the rays. (I tried doing research but couldnt find anything)

Not to insult your intelligence, but check with his Doctor.

My dad has one and he has never heard of such thing.

I am also a nurse in a caridac cath / electrophysiology unit and agree totally with kevins girl. there is no indication at all for not swimming with the sting rays. go on and have a wonderful time. swimming with the stingrays is an amazing excursion.

Do they do any kind of release/medical info form for this activity? Such as they do for scuba diving?

If so then you'll want to be sure to get a note from his doctor saying that it's fine for him to do that activity. The last thing you want to deal with is a misinformed or overzealous tour operator forbidding your father in law from participating.

Archived