taking the ferry to Playa del Carmen from Cozumel

C. Anne

It will depend on how much time you have. The ferry Takes around 45mins and runs every hour from 5:00am to 10:00pm. You arrive right a Fifth Ave (amazing place). Just be prepared for a very rough ride on the ferry over, if you suffer from motion sickness make sure you take something for it.

There some great bars such as the Blue Parrot Beach Club, Shopping is amazing from high end Stores to street venders all of them our easy to deal with. If you miss home they Have BK and Starbucks and others. Also some North American Retailers. You'll see many different street preformers. Too bad you have to leave because by night it becomes it's also equally amazing.

We spent 2 weeks at Rui Palace in Play Del Carmen last year and went down to Fifth ave at least 4-5 times all differnet times of the day. You'll Have a great time at Tulum it has an absolutely stunning beach. Just don't buy anything from there as you'll find the same things much cheaper at Fifth ave. There's also a Subway at tulum.

There is plenty of shopping along Fifth, but I'm not sure if I would agree that it is "amazing." Much of the avenue is oriented towards norteamericanos, with lots of trinkets of various sorts being hawked. As for Mexican ports (and nearby cities) I found the shopping best at Mérida, near the port of Progreso.

I doubt if you'll have enough time to get to Xel Ha and enjoy the place before you have to get back. Just take the ferry to Playa del Carmen and hang out there for a couple of hours. And rather than going to Starbucks, BK, or Subway, go inland a couple of blocks and try one of the many little hole-in-the-wall restaurants.

Archived