GEM Minisuite cruisers...Help!!

amy417

I want to put my daughter in a AF or AG on the Gem. Can past cruisers on the GEM in these mini-suites please tell me if there is any noise from above from the pool and dining areas. We have six sea days so it is important info.

thanks

I want to put my daughter in a AF or AG on the Gem. Can past cruisers on the GEM in these mini-suites please tell me if there is any noise from above from the pool and dining areas. We have six sea days so it is important info.

thanks

Where do you want to be on the ship ? Forward , mid ship or Aft ? I would avoid the AG's , they are directly under the Italian rest. and Garden cafe. .. I would go with the AF on the stern , 11154 & 1156 are connecting rooms , the others are not. The Great Outdoors buffet is above these cabins , but I can tell you we heard no noise on a 9 day southern cruise ( 11152 ) This would be my choice.. ;)

Or if you just want quite , all the way forward under the library ..

Thanks mpk. I was looking at the AF and AG for an upsell. We actually paid more for the kids BA then the AF is selling for right now. Since this is the Transatlantic, I will probably go with the AF up front. 11016. We are on the back in an Aft cabin but we love the rocking of a ship.

Thanks again

Do the kids sail well ? ( motion?) The trans Atlantic could run into some heavier sea's. If not you may want to consider midship ( 11564) under the kids library. Just a thought...

Yeah....unfortunately my only choices are that front cabin or aft cabins. Right now they are in a BA midship. I might wind up leaving them there.

Amy417,

I have stayed in both 11020 and 11022. They are under the library/ card room. They are extremely quiet. I did not notice extra motion than I felt mid-ship. We had some big waves last year coming up the East coast - the ship was rocking wherever you were! :) Anyway I loved the cabin so much I booked it again for my cruise in Feb.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi mpk218,

We just booked the same room you stayed in on Gem (11152) for an upcoming cruise. I had the choice of that, 11150, and several mid-ship AFs and picked this one. Was it a wise choice? Is the room different than a typical AF? What did you like/not like about it?

Thanks!

Archived