NOS & Miami - cybercabin used for this post

Just left nassau, heading towards Jamaica on the NOS. Using cybercabin to keep up with work and everyone at home - works fairly well. If anyone has a questions, I will try to answer but no promises - having to good a time. Just some thoughts based on prior posts to help everyone - since I feel indebted to this site.

The ship is great, food ok so far. Ship is full but doesnt seem crowded at all. Embarkation was longer then expected but we got thru it. First nite, there was a mini-review of the shows. Contortionist - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Comedian very funny. Looking forward to their full shows. The promenade bon voyage parade ok. Kids might like it more.

The soda card for adults runs a little over $50, plus you get a insulated/souvinor cup from coke. Dont need to use the cup but it is nice to have.

Came down a day earlier and stayed at the Radisson downtown. Priceline bid of $35 (a tip I got from other posts - saved me a whole lot of money!!) Used the super shuttle to get to hotel. There was 6 of us - $55 for the van plus $1 per person surcharge. This was not what was told to us at website or curbside. Driver told us there was an increase. Not sure if he was telling the truth. Cab may have been cheaper but wanted all of us to stay together. Spent the evening at the Bayside Mall. Free coupon book just ask the hotel staff or get one from Bubba Gumps souvinor shop and free concerts every evening on the weekends. Shuttle from the radisson (also the marriot) to the mall is just a dollar per person each way and there is a regular schedule for pickup and return. Booked the hotel shuttle to the port ($4 per person) better then a taxi) again there is a regular schedule. Also a IGA supermarket 2 blocks a way from the hotel. Go there only during the day - nitetime a little scary neighborhood.

First formal nite, time to put on the tux!!!

Thanks for posting while you cruise!

Who's the captain on NOS?

Are they still charging for Johnny Rockets?

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

We just got off Grandeur last week and the connection was sooooo very slow. We are booked for NOS for next April, not sure I can wait that long..icon_smile.gif

How much does it cost to use the cyber cabin feature??

We were on Navigator last month and hookup was fairly decent. I think the Capt. now is Capt. Otto Bang. He was on vacation when we were onboard.

JJT...what cabin are you in? If Matt Yee is still at the piano bar, definately check him out. I heard, though, that he may be on a different ship now.

Robin

Spring Break on Explorer...Come join us!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;3;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Disney Wonder 2/03

Navigator 4/04

jjt...be sure to get tickets (they're free) for the ice skate show. It's fabulous! I'm envious..have a wonderful time!

Spring Break on Explorer...Come join us!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;3;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Disney Wonder 2/03

Navigator 4/04

What are some of the items on the dinner dining room menu? Do they still have those cold fruity soups?

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

• 1 month later...

I agree that Charlie Jourdan in the Two Poets Pub was AWESOME! We had such a great time listening to him that we spent most of our time there! Just returned from NOS sailing of 6/19/04....we had a marvelous time. With very few exceptions, the staff onboard that ship were VERY friendly and people oriented. The dance club was more for the 18-25 crowd and if you enjoy seeing kids doing things on the dance floor that shoud be reserved for the bedroom, then that's the place for you. Not this 39 year old old lady!!!!

jjt -

If you happen into the Schooner Bar one evening this week, would you please tell Hugh (head bartender from Jamaica) that Martyn and Patty from Texas said, "Hello"? Don't worry - he'll remember us - we have some history! BTW, he's a FABULOUS bartender!

Hopefully we'll see him and the rest of our NV crew again on October 9th!

Thanks so much!

Patty

Archived