Spa Cabins on the Carnival Dream

kdinkus1

I really would like to book a spa cabin when we cruise next year on the C. Dream. I have read that there are 2 different types of spa rooms. One with spa priveledges (that you don't have to pay for the use of...) OR the one that you get discounts with but still have to pay a hefty price. Is this correct and I'm sorry if I have it all wrong. This is terribly confusing to me... Thanks for helping me out!

Iv never heard of the spa cabins that you dont get the spa priviledges but still get discounts. (but I havent read all the posts). I thought if you booked a cabin that was in a certain part of the deck, you got the spa priviledges. ... if you get a free upgrade, then some people have not gotten the spa priviledges with the cabin. You had to have picked your cabin. Yep, its confusing to everyone.

Ill watch and see what others have to say as I havent heard of the later with discounts.

Thank you for the update! I definately want all the spa priveledges so I will book a spa cabin. Understandable why they wouldn't give it to you for free if you were lucky enough to be upgraded to a spa cabin... Hopefully, I can get a great deal soon.

Its not too understandable to me, because if I book a lower category that includes a free upgrade to spa deck, it would never cross my mind that I didnt get the spa stuff. I paid more for that booking than if I had booked a lower rate like ES to get it.

Hey,

We're booked on the Freedom on the Spa deck.We did book with the early saver,no one told me anything of any sort of special privileges! I hope there is some but didn't know of any when we booked.We just didn't want to be on the Riveria deck at the very back,again.It was horrible being our 1st Cruise and sea sick people.Loved the Ship but not our accommodations. This time we have a PVP,not an A** of a TA that we had last year.Terrible how some TA's will take your money and ignore your only 2 requests that you have!Eight months in advance booking and that's where he puts us.First Cruise,First, and last time with that TA.We just trusted him to put us at our requests.NOT

Anyway will love it if we get special treatment.....I'm sure some of you will say "It's special enough to on a Cruise"! Well we'll have something to compare this one to anyway.We're so excited about this one,bigger room wall to ceiling window and no noise of Anchor,supply room and everything else that comes with being at the very back and bottom of the ship.

Happy Cruising

Its not too understandable to me, because if I book a lower category that includes a free upgrade to spa deck, it would never cross my mind that I didnt get the spa stuff. I paid more for that booking than if I had booked a lower rate like ES to get it.

I totally agree. But, I have been watching the dream bookings closely, and I have not noticed any bookings that include a free upgrade to a spa cabin. The best upgrades have been from a 4A to 4G, 6A to 6C and 8A to 8G. They do not appear to be in the practice of offering upgrades to the spa cabins when you book.

So I think the policy you reference is only going to come into play for upgrades after booking- including on guarantees.

Hey,

We're booked on the Freedom on the Spa deck.We did book with the early saver,no one told me anything of any sort of special privileges! I hope there is some but didn't know of any when we booked.

I don't believe this applies to the Carnival Freedom. Although you are on the spa deck, the "spa cabin" category is, I believe, only on the Carnival Splendor and Carnival Dream at this point.

,not an A** of a TA that we had last year.Terrible how some TA's will take your money and ignore your only 2 requests that you have!Eight months in advance booking and that's where he puts us.First Cruise,First, and last time with that TA.We just trusted him to put us at our requests.NOT

Did you book a specific cabin, or a guarantee cabin? Because, if you booked guarantee, the TA has no role in assigning your cabin- that is done by Carnival.

Hey,

We're booked on the Freedom on the Spa deck.We did book with the early saver,no one told me anything of any sort of special privileges! I hope there is some but didn't know of any when we booked.We just didn't want to be on the Riveria deck at the very back,again.It was horrible being our 1st Cruise and sea sick people.Loved the Ship but not our accommodations. This time we have a PVP,not an A** of a TA that we had last year.Terrible how some TA's will take your money and ignore your only 2 requests that you have!Eight months in advance booking and that's where he puts us.First Cruise,First, and last time with that TA.We just trusted him to put us at our requests.NOT

Anyway will love it if we get special treatment.....I'm sure some of you will say "It's special enough to on a Cruise"! Well we'll have something to compare this one to anyway.We're so excited about this one,bigger room wall to ceiling window and no noise of Anchor,supply room and everything else that comes with being at the very back and bottom of the ship.

Happy Cruising

The Spa deck is not the same as the Spa cabins on the Splendor and the Dream. The new ships have bigger spas with areas that you have to pay to use, thermal suites and the Thalasso pool. The Spa cabins have a different color scheme, special spa items and you get priorty on spa appointments. The Spa cabins are also smoke free.

Did you get sea sick on your first cruise? I have always heard that lower and in the center of the ship has the least movement. The higher you get the more you feel the movement of the ship. We had a cabin across the front of the Glory and did notice more movement, but we also had some rough seas. I use the patch and have never gotten sick. Hope you have a better second cruise.

Hey hotjavalex,

Yes we did book a specific cabin,we trusted the TA we had and he told us to relax and he would take care of everything.We needed 2 cabins close together,not side by side just close.We found out 5 mts later where we were situated on the Ship,but we didn't know but we were in the best place,but he certainly knew,he got our money and gave us the st*ts of a room.You don't book a room 8 mts in advance and be given that type of service,in my opinion.We only asked for Center and somewhere quiet,that was our only requests.By the time we got on board and experienced what we did,my hubby went to see is we could move,but of course,ship was full.A lesson learned but a hard one at that.

This Cruise we booked assigned as well,only this time Carnival knew how we felt as to our last cruise so the PVP recommended this deck,hoping all will be fine.I know you can't help the seas but I think it was a combination of it all.

Corvettelady;

Yes we did get seasick,but it was more than that,the noise also kept us awake.I never slept for the 7 nights,horrible.I've never tried the patch,just Bonnimene.The further up the decks we got the better we were,strange. My sister was on the 8th deck and when we were up there we had no problems.We were on the 1st floor at the very back.

This Cruise I used a PVA.....Hoping for a better Cruise.I'm so excited so I'm just hoping all will turn out fine.

Thanks for the replies

Hey,

Happy Cruising

Carnival has been doing away with those cabins with the floor to ceiling windows and changing them into balconies, so they can sell them at a higher price. Be glad Freedom hasnt changed them yet.

I know what you mean about TAs putting you in the worst place, Im thinking Carnival hates a TA I used. Iv upgraded twice. They have terms that they get to pick the cabin. Never using them again, they choose the very worst possible cabin, not once, but twice. ..and I booked almost 2 years in advance so almost every cabin was available. The 2nd cabin, was Riveria deck, 6A, the very last cabin aft ... I kept thinking what were the chances of picking a worse OV? I wouldnt go with a TA again unless Im saving a lot of money, not paying full priced. Learned a few TAs are not for me the hard way too.

Archived