Surfing Lessons in Bahamas?

Geraldo05

Hello everyone,

I will be going my second cruise to the Bahamas in May 2010, and one of the things that I want to do is take a surfing lesson or two. I just want to experience being on a surfboard and letting the waves carry me. My question is are there anywhere at any of Nassau's many beaches that offer such a thing? And, if so, how much and is it worth it?

Hello everyone,

I will be going my second cruise to the Bahamas in May 2010, and one of the things that I want to do is take a surfing lesson or two. I just want to experience being on a surfboard and letting the waves carry me. My question is are there anywhere at any of Nassau's many beaches that offer such a thing? And, if so, how much and is it worth it?

The waves aren't generally not big enough for surfing, and when they are, there's a storm in the air and they close the beaches.

some of the out island have surfing (on the Atlantic side) Nassau is surrounded by shallows and reefs, which don't make for breaking waves

Archived