Just Back from Mariner. Quick Review.

Bruinboy

For our vote, it's Portofino every time! We've also ate at Chops before, but if you only plan for one Specialty Restaurant, you will not be disappointed with Portofino for it's fine Italian cuisine. As you may already know, Chops is steak and meat intensive. Portofino's menu is more well-rounded.

Let me put it another way, go for Portofino for your one Specialty Restaurant indulgence, but if you still desire for a Chops-quality steak, you are able to order it in the MDR at $14.95--which to me is a reasonable surcharge when compared with paying $25.00pp to dine at Chops. Just my perspective.

Enjoy!! Joyful Marsh

If you had to pick one which would you go to Portofino or the steak house? Thanks - Seth

If you need a large beach towel, you will have to go up to the Towel Kiosks on the Pool Deck (11) and present your Sea Pass Card. You can check-out as many towels as you like but all will be noted directly to your Sea Pass account. You will need to return just as many towels as you've checked out. In returning all towels, you will not be charged $20 per towel. This is a great system, fostering more responsible use of lounge chairs & towels and definitely deters chair hogs, as now you're actually responsible for the towels and less lightly to leave it unattended.

Enjoy your cruise! Joyful Marsh

This must be new.........we were on the Mariner the last week of August and they didn't do this on our cruise.........

Thanks for the info Canuck. No thanks for beating the Stars the other night.;)

We're pretty diverse in our entertainment tastes. I don't do the shows - I work in entertainment so I tend to escape "shows" while cruising. :) But I do like something fun to see in the lounges and pub. And we'll probably catch the ice show.

Archived