Scenic Sapphire brief review

Ricky Chan

We just came back from our 14 days Prague/Rhine River cruise & Moselle River cruise/Paris two weeks ago. The following is a brief review and some thought.

1. Scenic Tours met my expection.

2. The luxury hotel that we stayed in Prague was only few yards away from Wencelas Square (it is actually a blvd., Prague's version of Blvd. Champs-Elysees).

We were transported to the hotel by a private new Mercedez van with just TWO OF US. :)

3. In Paris, we stayed at an even more luxurious hotel which is close to major attractions. The room cost $750 Euro per day and daily buffet breakfast cost 78 Euro (I knew because every party had to sign a bill)

4. On the departure day, guests were transported to the airport according to their departure times, therefore no long waiting at the airport.

5. Because I couldn't find any sugar free desserts on the lunch or dinner menus. I mentioned it to the Maitre' D and the kitchen came through. Me and some other guests received sugar free desserts on the next day and on some other days. :)

6. Dining at the specialty restaurant with no extra charge was a treat.

7. Food was o.k., don't expect and not don't intend to compare river cruise food to ocean cruise because of small kitchen and limited no. of cooks.

8. I was actually surprised that there was a Baked Alaska parade on the last second night.

9. My wife was disappointed that there was no prime rib served. Perhaps personnel from Scenic Tours will see this psot and work on this. :mad:

10. Plenty of free wine served during lunch and dinner. (ALL YOU CAN DRINK...........). Self served free cappuccino and expresso were available all day, what a treat. :)

10. The best part to me and my wife was being able to sit on the "REAL BALCONY", drinking cappuccino and watching scenery passing by.

11. It was an all inclusive trip, worried free vacation.

Disappointment:

The sun deck was only opened for two afternoons and observation deck was opened for five days during the cruise. :p

Will I recommond this company to other potential cruisers? Absolutely.

Will I take another river cruise again? Probably not, because river cruising is just not for us. We are diehard ocean cruisers, but I will never say never. :rolleyes:

Ricky

Thank you for your review. May I ask you how you liked the accommodations? Did you have a regular balcony? What the room as adequate as the one on the ocean liner? Did you feel any noise when cruising? Did you like the places you visited? Or do you feel that ocean liners have better itineraries?

Thanks!

Thank you for your review. May I ask you how you liked the accommodations? Did you have a regular balcony? What the room as adequate as the one on the ocean liner? Did you feel any noise when cruising? Did you like the places you visited? Or do you feel that ocean liners have better itineraries?

Thanks!

We like the accommodation, but it seems smaller than 200 sq. ft. as advertised. We did have a regular balcony, and is very cozy. See attached.

The cabin is in square shape, while most ocean liners' cabins are in rectanglar shape, so it is hard to compare. But it has all the amenities that ocean liner cabin has, so it is as adequate as the one on the ocean liner.

Our cabin is located in the middle on Rhine deck, we didn't hear any noise at all. But my wife talked to other passengers whose cabins are located at the aft on Danube deck. They said they couldn't get a good night sleep because of the engine noise. I was kind of surprise because I knew it is very noise on the second deck. Apparently it applies to third deck as well.

We like every medieval town and village that we visited, and we were not disappointed. The one really stoodout is Rudesheim, it is very beautiful.

Again, it is hard to compare the itineraries between river cruise and ocean cruise. River boat sail to places that ocean liner can't go, and vice versa.

The sole purpose of us taking this cruise is to visit medieval towns and villages which was eye opening to us, you just can't find these in North America.

Feel free to ask any questions relating to this cruise. I am not good in writing, that is why the review was brief.

Ricky

IMG_1764.jpg.b0555ce17b384249c248edd7b0c7edd7.jpg

Archived