Deals on other websites

sparky9016

I looked and couldn't find an answer to this - if you find a deal on another travel website, such as on board credit or free travel insurance... has anyone had the PVP's at Carnival match or honor those types of deals? I'd rather go directly through Carnival, but that just made me curious...

All the TAs I know of dont advertise the OBC, you have to call to get it, or one say book and then they will tell you. If the OBC or perks are coming from the TAs commission, Carnival wouldnt match them.

TAs cannot advertise they are discounting and OBC would be discounting. ..so if you see it advertised, then its a Carnival OBC and they should match it. (like the sale tomorrow).

If its not advertised, and just coming out of the TAs commision they dont match, as they are doing that behind closed doors.

Hope this explanation makes sense... there will be a sale tomorrow that includes upgrades and OBC.

Thanks for the info... I don't think I'm going to use a TA really, I think I'll just go through one of the Personal Vacation Planners at Carnival. I spoke to one on the phone a couple days ago.. they called again just to see if I had any questions since I've been looking on their website. Basically I'm just waiting a couple weeks to finish getting our deposit together and plan to book then.... First cruise... I'm so excited already! :D

Im going to look at the sale tomorrow. I get all the TAs emails. One is saying free upgrades from OVs to balcony, which would be worth looking at :D ... Im sure you dont pay the cheaper ES rate to get that though. There is always a catch with these sales.

The TA with the free insurance is a good deal, but watch out for fees they might charge.

Hello, Tomorrow is the "World's Largest Cruise Night".

It is a one day sale for most of the cruise lines with specials all day

and some all week long! I am booking tomorrow for the OBC and past guest rates.

Good Luck

I booked a Princess cruise through a TA once because they advertised a lower price than I found on the Princess website. However, when the price dropped substantially on the Princess website, the TA refused to adjust my price. Had I booked directly through Princess I would have gotten an OBC for the difference. Now I only book directly with the cruiseline. I find that any prices differences are minimal and not worth later hassles.

I looked and couldn't find an answer to this - if you find a deal on another travel website, such as on board credit or free travel insurance... has anyone had the PVP's at Carnival match or honor those types of deals? I'd rather go directly through Carnival, but that just made me curious...

if you find deals on other websites or with other agencies, the only way ccl will offer that is if it's already something they were offerring in the first place. some agencies offer other incentives so that you book through them, but ccl will not match that. so, if you find a better deal, and you're not booked, might as well book with them.

Hello, Tomorrow is the "World's Largest Cruise Night".

It is a one day sale for most of the cruise lines with specials all day

and some all week long! I am booking tomorrow for the OBC and past guest rates.

Good Luck

OK, where will I find these great deals tomorrow???

It is already being advertised on carnivals website (the sale) I know because I am looking to take a pack and go cruise and have been looking all over the website so I have something to compare tommorrow with prices.

Hope this helps

I've always used a local travel agent. Between the time I book and the final payment, we are both looking for price drops. Most years, my final payment has been less than the original price we first booked.

It does pay to have a good relationship with your TA. He knows I'm looking for the least expensive price and he's willing to help me find it so that he will get both the current cruise purchand and future purchases from me. This also helps keep some of the money local. Unless you enjoy looking at empty storefronts, you must put some of your money into supporting your local businesses. Plug: Thanks Bill in New Port Richey!

It is already being advertised on carnivals website (the sale) I know because I am looking to take a pack and go cruise and have been looking all over the website so I have something to compare tommorrow with prices.

Hope this helps

It is now 10 pm and I don't see any sales on the Carnival web site

I don't see the sale info on their site either.

I even tried entering it in their search engine and got Nada.

Am I doing something wrong.

I have several folks I would like to get booked for our upcoming April cruise and a sale might just be the ticket.

Thanks

Lari

Archived