Best Comedian on Carnival

forwardcabin

The last two times we were on Ecstasy, Brad Tassel was the comedian--a really side-splittingly funny Robin Williams type. Hope we see him again on a future cruise.

If you go on the last sailing of the Holiday, Nov 2nd, he will be onboard for the first part of the cruise. He will be at our dining table the first seaday for dinner. He has a great children's book also.

We have shirts printed up with "Brad Tassel Fan Club". We are going to tell him we got them at Walmart. (If you remember part of his routine, you find the humor in it)

Dave

The last two times we were on Ecstasy, Brad Tassel was the comedian--a really side-splittingly funny Robin Williams type. Hope we see him again on a future cruise.

He is one the funniest I have seen on board. He self describes himself as the evil spawn of Robin Willims and Jerry Springer. While his family safe show is funny, his adults only shows have me falling out of my chair and rolling all over the floor. His improv has got to be some of the best in the business.

Edited by Traveler353

We just saw Darren Sanders on Sensation last week. His R-rated show had us in stitches. DH and I are still using one of the phrases he used. If you ever see him DO NOT leave to go to the bathroom during the set- you will regret it:o!

Edited by star*skecher

He is one the funniest I have seen on board. He self describes himself as the evil spawn of Robin Willims and Jerry Springer. While his family safe show is funny, his adults only shows have me falling out of my chair and rolling all over the floor. His improv has got to be some of the best in the business.

I passed Brad one evening in the hallway and told him I would see him at his midnight show. He stopped and looked at me funny and said, Why you have seen it like four or five times already?" We enjoy him because he gets some audience participation especially if you are on the front row. So every show is always going to be a bit different.

Dave

The very best I ever saw was many years ago on either the Holiday or Jubilee. He was a ventriloquist with a duck for a puppet. I almost had to be given oxygen because he had me laughing so hard. That duck had a very interesting perspective on life....especially on women wearing skirts.

David

I have taken 12 cruises with Carnival and seen so many different comedians over the years.

KIM HARRISON is by far one of the best comedians Carnival has on their cruises! We have seen her several times and her shows are always fantastic! This is one really funny lady that will keep you laughing!

We also loved Mike Macy! He was on our last cruise and was a natural!

If any of you get a chance to see either of these and you would have a great night of comedy!

The first picture is Kim Harrison and myself and the second picture is Kim Harrison and Mike Macy, two of Carnival's best comedians!

1271593845_CarnivalGlory011.jpg.01d8c148d8bf175cedfff976fd082039.jpg

1323052954_CarnivalGlory022.jpg.89e8e15a74f1b896da3220354a0d364b.jpg

Of all the cruises I've enjoyed, Jim Brickman (I believe is his name) was far and away the best. Outstanding show.

How can one find out who is going to be on any given ship? I leave this Saturday out of New Orleans and would love to know the entertainment I have in store.

Carl Strong, who right now is moving between the Pride and the Miracle, had me laughing so hard that my throat hurt the next day!

I also loved that his R-rated show had adult themes, but he had no need to drop swear words to be funny. I am hardly a prude by any stretch, but adding swear words to something does not automatically make it funny.

I made sure to mention him on all of our comment cards (which means just as much to the careers of the comedians on board as they do to the rest of the staff!)

The very best I ever saw was many years ago on either the Holiday or Jubilee. He was a ventriloquist with a duck for a puppet. I almost had to be given oxygen because he had me laughing so hard. That duck had a very interesting perspective on life....especially on women wearing skirts.

David

are you talking about "Chucky the duck?" we loved him but I think we saw him on Royal Carribbean ....I agree...he was one of my most favorite entertainers!!!

Seth Buchwald on the Paradise had us rofl!

Oops...forgot Seth!! Ok, I enjoyed his show. :)

My only "complaint" was that I saw him on both Paradise and Splendor and the Splendor show was very similar to the first time I saw him. Would have been great if he had some new material, though. The Splendor cruise was the swine flu cruise to San Francisco so he got stuck on the ship with us and was a good sport about it.

On the Splendor in June Seth was making balloon animals for the Camp Carnival kids.

Seems that Carnival has only two comedians in LA. Lance and Seth - seen them both on the Splendor and the Paradise. We can practically do Lance's routine with him.

David

We saw chucky the duck and David Morgan on the Explorer of the Seas in Jan 09. He was very funny.

Carnival doesnt post the comedians schedule. They normally find out a month in advance as to which ship they are going to be on. The reason I know Brad is on the Holiday Nov 2nd is that I asked if he could be on the final sailing through John Heald. Brad was a common fixture on the Holiday for so many guests. The last sailing would not be the same without him.

It is also his birthday the week before so we are going to surprise him with a small get together.

Dave

Happy Cole is very funny. Had Ronnie Bullard on our 9/20 Legend cruise and he was interesting. His main showroom act was pretty funny and we decided to watch his adults only show later that night. WOW. Quite literally had me in tears from the start. Didn't see that kind of comedy coming from him. Really good.