G&j

We are interested in the Black Watch cruise to the Caribbean next winter. I like what I've read about the FO line and this ship in particular. One thing I have become a little concerned about is the 'dress code'. It seems to be expected that the guys wear a dinner suit for the formal nights. Is this rigourously enforced?

I have no problem with smart jacket and tie or even a suit, but I draw the line at a formal dinner suit.

Thanks

G

First of all I am a little surprised at the "Black Watch" going to the Caribbean except as part of its "Round South America" voyage. The fred. Olsen "Braemar" is based in thje Caribbean in the Winter. As far as dress is concerned on a 14 day cruise there would normally be 3 or 4 "formal" nights. Most men wear black or white dinner jackets. A darK suit with tie is acceptable. If you do not wish to conform to this dress code you can always dine in the "casual" restaurant.

First of all I am a little surprised at the "Black Watch" going to the Caribbean except as part of its "Round South America" voyage. The fred. Olsen "Braemar" is based in thje Caribbean in the Winter. As far as dress is concerned on a 14 day cruise there would normally be 3 or 4 "formal" nights. Most men wear black or white dinner jackets. A darK suit with tie is acceptable. If you do not wish to conform to this dress code you can always dine in the "casual" restaurant.

Thank you. As I said, I have no problem with a suit. The FO brochure uses phrases such as 'on formal nights, men will wish to wear black tie'. I will investigate further.

Archived