What type of vehicles for excursions?

mexico5

Hi, we will be on the Southern Caribbean Cruise in December through NCL...I have researched most of the ports and think St. Lucia is for sure a port that we want to do an island tour of sorts! Looks beautiful!!

So, I have a question about what type of transportation is used is most of the tours...for example if we take an excursion on Serenity Tours or through the ship would it be an "open air" vehicle with open windows and NO air conditioning? I would hate to be in a bus with air conditioning for most of the tour...I am there for heat and I don't care how hot it is...we are both not a fan of air conditioning! We also want to take lots of pics while in the vehicle. We did an amazing island tour in St. Thomas and felt the warm breezes throughout the tour.

Thanks!

Cold in Calgary

Thanks Deb, if that is the type that all of the companies use, then that's okay, we will also do it. We HAVE to do an island tour of some kind so I guess we will put up with air conditioning and vans/busses. I LOVE the open air safari type of vehicle though!

Looking forward to St. Lucia!

• 2 weeks later...

I also like the heat and almost never turn the AC on, but the heat here was oppressive. Maybe it is better in January, when you are going. We just returned from vacation and had a GREAT time with Cosol tours. The vans have nice big windows and you are in and out, so I never got cold. I have only good things to say about this tour. The guide, Cosol himself, was a joy, very fun and informative. All the sights where beautiful or interesting. Banana stop, "Kodak Moments" for pictures, Volcano, little waterfall, water taxi to THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACH IN THE WORLD. I always find it fun to try local foods and there was a nice spread. All the drinks you could want. We've done other tours and can compare the ship tours to this private tour. You will get twice your money's worth with this tour. We just enjoyed it so much, I wanted to let other cruisers know!

There was so much to see.....Nope, I did not find the tour too long! It was about 6 hours for us. Cosol, the guide was just so much fun. Always informative and lots of humor. It's obvious he loves his job.

Archived