Carnival Splendor Lido deck cabins

sbfanatic

We will be staying in 9266 on our Feb. 21 2010 sailing. I've stayed on the Lido deck before and have always liked it, that's why we booked this room.

Kevin please let me know how it was, and take pictures, I'll be watching for your response in January.

Linda

We were on deck 10, room 1078 and loved the location. In less than 20 steps we were looking out at the Lido deck. I had a room on Lido and was so happy but since I booked ES, I upgraded to an 8F because doing so I received $80 obc.

You'll be very happy there.

Liked the cabin. Only issues were a lot of wind when at sea and someone opened the hallway door (to the pool). If you had your balcony door open, it created quite the draft. Second, a lot of people use that hallway as a passthrough from the pool/buffet to the elevators, afternoon naps were interrupted a couple of times. Finally, when we sailed, they had a smoking area right outside the hallway door in the pool area and the hallway always smelled like smoke.

Liked the cabin. Only issues were a lot of wind when at sea and someone opened the hallway door (to the pool). If you had your balcony door open, it created quite the draft. Second, a lot of people use that hallway as a passthrough from the pool/buffet to the elevators, afternoon naps were interrupted a couple of times. Finally, when we sailed, they had a smoking area right outside the hallway door in the pool area and the hallway always smelled like smoke.

I was on Splendor last month, and the Lido deck public areas were 100% non-smoking.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I just returned from a cruise on the Splendor. We stayed in cabin 9284 and I thought it was the perfect location. It was 4 doors away from the main entrance to the Lido deck. I read reviews stating that cabins on lido deck had issues with noise and people using corridors as a pass through to the buffet and and pool area. We did not have that issue at all. The cabin corridors actually have private hallway and at night it has doors that close so you cannot hear noise from the atrium. People who used the elevators to go to the Lido deck didn't walk to through the cabin hallways as it is separate from the main hallway. Also, we did not have any issues with wind when someone opened the hallway door to the pool at all. I absolutely LOVED our location as we were only steps away from the bar, pool and buffet area. Cabin 9266 perhaps was right next to the door that closed so when people came and go they probably kept hearing that door close.

Just FYI, I would not book cabins 9294, 9292, 9296, 9295, 9291 or 9293 as I would think you can hear the door closing at night. Again I loved cabin 9284. Hope this info is helpful as when I booked I had the same concerns but we didn't have any problems at all. I will definitely book Lido deck cabin again the next time we cruise.

Archived