Cabin E728 on Diamond Princess

gaa2

We are booked in E728 for our March cruise on the Diamond. We chose it because it has the larger, wrap-around balcony. We would love any comments if you have sailed in this cabin or E731, which we understand is the same.

We were in E728 for 25 days on the Star Princess. Same cabin on the port side all the way back. The cabin is exactly like the rest the only difference is the larger balcony. It was great as long as the weather was good, but watch out if it becomes windy, the balcony becomes almost non-useable. The wind whips around the aft of the ship and about blows you away, it actually tried to suck a book right out of my hand one afternoon.

I hope you enjoy it though. For us, we would never book it again as when others were using their balcony, we could barely open the door because the wind was so strong.

Hope you have great weather and you don't run into the same problems we did.

When we went in E-728 on the Diamond our itinerary was the Mexican Riviera and we were very fortuanate to have excellent weather with the exception of the first and last day. The first day was rainy and it was great to have the covered balcony. The winds were not bad. However, we all know this can vary from day to day and week to week.

I had a bad experience with a balcony cabin close to the bow on the Zuiderdam and vowed to never have a balcony close to the bow again because I experienced bad winds every sea day and it was almost unusable.

steve Hayes

Archived