How is Xcambo??

mjrich73

We want to take our kids to see some Mayan ruins, but don't want something that is going to take too long so we can do other things. Also, don't want to hear the kids complaining about too much walking etc...;) Is this a great site to see? Good for kids? Thanks!!

I´ve never been there, but the tour guide explained us that xcambo means place of crocodiles. They´re small ruins that used to be a market. It´s only $19 dlls pp. However my family did the Uxmal Tour. It´s $49 pp, very impressive ruins and less crowded than Chichen Itza. You can book on this email address: autoprogresotours@hotmail.com

Hope this helps.

Cyranie.:)

• 4 weeks later...
We want to take our kids to see some Mayan ruins, but don't want something that is going to take too long so we can do other things. Also, don't want to hear the kids complaining about too much walking etc...;) Is this a great site to see? Good for kids? Thanks!!

it is a pretty small ruins, but it is interesting... you can see some of my pics at http://www.oldmedic.smugmug.com along with a history of xcambo we just walked around and looked, as we did not have any type of guide there to explain things to us... the kids would probably enjoy climbing the larges of the structures, however the steps are quite steep...

• 2 months later...

Hey OM

We are thinking of doing these, we have done Dzibichaltun twice, so are thinking of this...or at least the ATV tour that includes this one.

Great Pics...cant wait!

We haven't done the big ruins, so i am not sure how impressed you will be with these, but we enjoyed the trip and also got to see some pink flamingos on the way (endangered species)...place would be great for kids, as when we were there you could still climb them which is no longer the case at some of the larger ruins...think we are going to sleep late in Progreso and just walk down to Cinco Soliz (my wife likes silver)....

Cool!

In all fairness Dzibichaltun is not exactly Big ruins...not like ChichenItzu (sp?) or Ushmal (sp?) and you can climb them too, altho, its a boogerbear getting back down for me...I had to come down on my hiney :eek: too steep for me.

i know...it is funny to watch the people climb up then shinny back down on their keisters.... .lol...laughing with you, not at you!!!:D

Oldmedic, you mentioned just walking to Cinco Soliz so your wife can buy silver. Please tell me more; I'm assuming a store somewhat close to where the shuttles pick people up to take back to the ship.

What kind of silver? How far to walk from shuttle drop off/pick up? Thanks for any info. and thanks for sharing your photos.

Oldmedic, you mentioned just walking to Cinco Soliz so your wife can buy silver. Please tell me more; I'm assuming a store somewhat close to where the shuttles pick people up to take back to the ship.

What kind of silver? How far to walk from shuttle drop off/pick up? Thanks for any info. and thanks for sharing your photos.

there is a cinco soliz store at the dock in Progreso... big round building at the end of the pier on the way to the busses... nice pieces, little expensivbe, but some pretty stuff!! you will pass a mariachi band that is playing just after the security checkpoint.. they stand right outside the Cinco Soliz store... you can also buy vanilla, etc.. we have found the alcohol on the ship is either cheaper, or about the same price, so we always buy our alcohol onboard.... If you have any more questions, please ask... will be glad to answer them if I can!! 43 more days and I can give you a guided tour myself... lol...

Archived