Packing vs Wardrobe Questions

jplotts865

For my upcoming QV Canary Islands cruise I'm beginning to think of onboard wardrobe solutions considering weight restrictions on British between PHL and LHR. Thus...with 3 Formal, 4 Semi-formal and 5 Elegant Casual nights can I pack: tuxedo for formal nights, a blue blazer w/gray slacks (and tie) for Semi-formal and, perhaps just one other sport coat and slacks, without a tie for Elegant Casual? I'm trying to get everything into one suitcase and yet want to be dressed appropriately at all times. I do like to dress for dinner and would love to bring more but the airlines are throwing us all a curve these days. Am I on the right track here? Thanks...

For my upcoming QV Canary Islands cruise I'm beginning to think of onboard wardrobe solutions considering weight restrictions on British between PHL and LHR. Thus...with 3 Formal, 4 Semi-formal and 5 Elegant Casual nights can I pack: tuxedo for formal nights, a blue blazer w/gray slacks (and tie) for Semi-formal and, perhaps just one other sport coat and slacks, without a tie for Elegant Casual? I'm trying to get everything into one suitcase and yet want to be dressed appropriately at all times. I do like to dress for dinner and would love to bring more but the airlines are throwing us all a curve these days. Am I on the right track here? Thanks...

Hi Jay,

Sounds to me as if you seem to have got it just about right. If you can manage to get those items mentioned in your luggage, and still be within the airline limits, then all should be fine.

Whatever you decide to take - have a fantastic time.

Regards,

David

Ifyou travel in one of these outfits you'll save some weight or you could wear the blazer or the sports jacket with or without tie and so make do with just one of them for semi formal (mit Kravat) and elegant casual (mitout Kravat). Then if you travel in that one you will only have to pack your tux. Get it pressed on board.

A Helpful Gari

Thanks! In thinking this over I suspect I may be able to pull it off - and I can always have the shirts and slacks laundered mid-cruise. As long as I have all bases covered I'll be happy - the days of taking lots of luggage are long gone, alas! I do appreciate the input...merci!

Archived