Past Guest rates-- why so hard to see online

jerseygirl79

I stay logged into Carnival's site, but whenever I first search for a cruise the Past Guest rate never appears, even though I've checked that box on the left sidebar.

The only way I get it to appear is by clicking on past guest specials then initiating a cruise search. Is it just me? There has to be an easier way.

I stay logged into Carnival's site, but whenever I first search for a cruise the Past Guest rate never appears, even though I've checked that box on the left sidebar.

The only way I get it to appear is by clicking on past guest specials then initiating a cruise search. Is it just me? There has to be an easier way.

The only method I found to work every time is:

Log Out of carnival.com ( I now remain permanently logged-out).

Visit carnival.com. Do NOT log-in.

There should be NO recognition information (Name, Past Guest Number) in the horizontal banner.

The blue-colored QuickSearch box should appear, with NO pre-filled cruise information and NO pre-filled promo rate specials information.

Use the blue QuickSearch Box to fill-in your cruise information, select the "Special Rates" box and select the promo rates you're eligible for, and click on SEARCH.

You should get the Page with cruises that fit your Search Criteria, including the Cruise you're checking rates on. Click on DETAILS button for that cruise. You should get the rates page for your cruise, and if Any 55+, Past Guest or your state Resident rates are being offered they'll be displayed below the standard FunSelect and FunSaver (and Early Saver) rate lines.

So far, This workaround worked 100% for me.

Ditto what Ken said. Only thing I can add is-if you have a cruise booked, and you are logged in, on the home page is a red box that says "You cruise in X days!". If you log out, or do not have a cruise booked, there is a blue box in that same spot that is the "Quick Search" box. Fill in your search criteria, being sure to hit the "+" next to "Special Rates", and select past guest, state, and senior if they apply.

yeah, i can't figure it out. I'm no computer whiz, but i can't figure out. it's hit and miss when those prices come up or not. I just keep trying until they do.

as far as being logged in or not, there's some sort of memory that goes on with my computer or their website (sorry i don't know the terminology) but even though i'm not logged in, it remembers my IP address and keeps the CA resident and past guest boxes checked. It used to say at the top the page when I WAS NOT logged on "hello kimberly (if not kimberly check here)" it doesn't say that anymore.

i asksed a carnival rep about it yesterday, they played dumb. i think they are happy if we don't see those lower prices.

yeah, i can't figure it out. I'm no computer whiz, but i can't figure out. it's hit and miss when those prices come up or not. I just keep trying until they do.

as far as being logged in or not, there's some sort of memory that goes on with my computer or their website (sorry i don't know the terminology) but even though i'm not logged in, it remembers my IP address and keeps the CA resident and past guest boxes checked. It used to say at the top the page when I WAS NOT logged on "hello kimberly (if not kimberly check here)" it doesn't say that anymore.

i asksed a carnival rep about it yesterday, they played dumb. i think they are happy if we don't see those lower prices.

The only way to get the blue QuickSearch box to work is to LogOut of carnival.com (if it shows your name or remembers your promo rate info, you need to complete the login with your password, then click on logout).

If you're logged out successsfully, when you re-visit the site it will not show your name, the blue QuickSearch will be displayed and will not have any pre-filled info displayed in it. See the procedure in my post above! ken

Archived