Crusing from Miami - 12/6/09

thatjoeguy

Hey all. I'm taking my boyfriend on his first cruise this December. We booked plane tickets but not a boat yet. I'm looking at either the Carnival Valor or the Norwegian Jewel from the 6th through the 13th, though I'm leaning toward Carnival. Any opinions on which one to take? Anyone going on either of them?

My partner and I have had a couple of bad experiences on Carnival. Not with the staff who were more than accomodating.( That is their business, after all. ) Personally, we prefer Royal Carribean or Celebrity where the passengers tend to be more gay friendly.

Good Luck

Dick and Joe

NCL is also very gay friendly - they even have the Friends of Dorothy meetings. When we were on Royal Caribbean they didn't seem as gay friendly, but that was 3 years ago.

We are booked on the NCL Star out of Miami on December 6th, but it goes through the Panama Canal and disembarks in LA - so if you want a 2 week cruise, switch your plan tickets - lol.

Hey all. I'm taking my boyfriend on his first cruise this December. We booked plane tickets but not a boat yet. I'm looking at either the Carnival Valor or the Norwegian Jewel from the 6th through the 13th, though I'm leaning toward Carnival. Any opinions on which one to take? Anyone going on either of them?

My partner and I are sailing on the Independence of the Seas from Ft Lauderdale on 12/6. Check it out. Great pricing.

Between the two I would take the Jewel hands down and I have sailed on both. That way you can get a table for two and won't be stuck at a table for the week with some family from Idaho that is travelling with their kids. NCL gives you a lot more freedom.

My partner and I are sailing on the Independence of the Seas from Ft Lauderdale on 12/6. Check it out. Great pricing.

I'm also sailing Independence on 12/6 out of Ft. Lauderdale. I'm bringing along my 2 younger sisters as a thank you gift. They're great sisters and even better friends. They have been so good to me since I lost my patner unexpectedly 1-1/2 yrs ago after 18 yrs of being together

We are Christopher (Me) 48, Monica 45 and Veronica 43. Hope we get to meet

We've enjoyed our cruises on both Carnival and NCL, and have never had a truly negative experience on either. But we do prefer NCL and find them to be very gay friendly. We enjoy the freestyle dining. So I would go for the Jewel.

• 2 weeks later...

Kentear,

As you know my partner and I are on your cruise, what do you have planned as way of excursions. You guys celebrating anything special. We are just doing a pre Xmas vacation like we normally do. Last year we went to Alaska on the Pearl for my big 40.

Kentear,

As you know my partner and I are on your cruise, what do you have planned as way of excursions. You guys celebrating anything special. We are just doing a pre Xmas vacation like we normally do. Last year we went to Alaska on the Pearl for my big 40.

We are celebrating. It is my 45th birthday and our 15 year anniversary. We don't really know yet about excursions. I'm a little concerned to hear that there will be 3 ships in St Thomas when we go including Oasis of the Seas. I'm afraid it is going to be really crowded. But since this is our first cruise, we have nothing to compare it to so who knows... :)

I think it will be more then 3 ships but yes it is going to be crowded in St Thomas. Looks like the most people they have had in a while. But should not be that bad. We took the Ultimate Island tour last time we were there and thought it gave a good flavor and view of the island. We are heading to St john, since we have been to St Thomas before. It will be our 13th year this month. We have been on 4 cruises before and enjoy it a lot.

Where are you from?

Kentear,

We haven't planned any excursions. My younger sister and I have been to Belize and I think it is her least favorite port of the the 3. My middle sister has never been, so i think we're gonna stay local and see what the town has to offer. I took a 6hr excursion to the ruins the last time... Never again... :eek:

My younger sister will be 44 on Dec 20th, so we're going to celebrate her birthday early.

I planned this cruise for the two of them as a Thank You gift. My partner John passed away on March 15, 2008 unexpectedly from a massive heart atack. We were together 18 yrs. The girls have been a tremendous help to me since he died.

I recently sold our home and purchased a townhome in the same development. The girls helped me clean up, throw out and pack up. A 3200 sq ft home certainly does hold alot of "crap." :D

Anyhow, they deserve this trip. They're my 2 best friends. We'll be on deck 9 in a Junior Suite. They say I spoil them. I say I just thank them in a big way...

Archived