Shuttle to the Airport / Car rental agencies on Oahu

Pilgrim Pete

Alamo had several shuttles at the pier when we were there in November, but I believe they only go to the Ilikai location. We used National and picked the car up at the Ala Moana Blvd location, took theBus to get there, and we dropped it off at the airport with no dropoff fee. Last year taxi fare to the airport to pick up a car was about $15.

We were at the pier only long enough to see Alamo stop there twice. By that time I figured National was not offering a shuttle so we headed for the bus. I don't remember any other shuttles.

Unless someone else with recent experience can help, your best bet might be to send emails to the company you want to use.

Several of the rental companies have offices at the Ilikai and since that's closer to the pier, they may only offer shuttles there. The airport locations while only about 5 or 6 miles from the pier might be more difficult because of traffic problems.

Sorry I can't be more helpful

When we were in Honolulu last month, we saw a Thrifty shuttle in addition to the Alamo shuttle. We heard that the other major rental companies (except Avis) offered shuttle service from Aloha Tower to the airport, but we got off the ship about 30 minutes after we docked and didn't see any other shuttles at that time. If you can find a local telephone number for the specific company you are interested in on their website, call the airport car rental office in Honolulu to find out if they provide shuttle service from Aloha Tower.

I don't believe any of them charged for shuttle service to and from the airport. Alamo charged $10 for return service from their Ala Moana Blvd. office to Aloha Tower only if you missed their last shuttle at 6:00 p.m. (the office closes at 7:30).

Archived