New Orleans Taxi Fare

KCMarie

I thought I could surely search on 'taxi fare New Orleans' to get an answer, but I've searched and can't find what I am looking for.

There will be 6 of us staying in NOLA near the French Quarter and I am trying to find how much to take the taxi to the pier. I think I will drive everyone to the pier and drop them off, so it would only be me and maybe my son taking the taxi to the pier from the hotel.

I'd heard that the taxi's in New Orleans are per person fares, can anyone confirm that and also how much are the taxi rides?

I'm doing some last minute budgeting and am hoping to spend more money snorkeling than taxi-ing!

Thanks in advance

Marie

From my experience taxis use the meter on trips inside the city/French Quarter area. The taxi fare for a trip from the French Quarter to the pier shouldn't be more than $15 (plus tip) and will probably be closer to $10. It all depends on which hotel you are at and how bad traffic is.

The per person rates are usually enforced on a trip to/from the airport. When I was there this summer it was $33 flat rate (for 1-2 people) and it moved to $13 per person for 3 or more people.

From my experience taxis use the meter on trips inside the city/French Quarter area. The taxi fare for a trip from the French Quarter to the pier shouldn't be more than $15 (plus tip) and will probably be closer to $10. It all depends on which hotel you are at and how bad traffic is.

The per person rates are usually enforced on a trip to/from the airport. When I was there this summer it was $33 flat rate (for 1-2 people) and it moved to $13 per person for 3 or more people.

Thank you April! I appreciate the info.

Archived