diving at Chankanaab

mermaid40

I had somebody lined up out there once but had to cancel the trip. aquadventures@prodigy.net.mx. Know nothing about them, but it is a starting point and they were cheap. Maybe too cheap???

I would also like to know if anybody recommends a place other than Chankanaab that would allow for a good shore dive without the current, but that doesn't charge an admission price to the park. Or is Chankanaab the best place to dive like that?

Thanks!

We have been diving at several places along that shore--the last 2 times at Scuba Club Cozumel, I think it was $6. for a tank. Very easy entry and exit. A short cab ride from any of the cruise docks. Not a huge amount to see at any of these sites, sandy mostly with a fair number of fish and life on the dock pilings. Our best experience was right after a hurricane--lots of life in the water.

Chakanaab is the best place to shore dive. Having said that, years ago, we did a pretty nice shore dive across from Papa Hogs. It's corded off, has some coral heads, and a plane. Not sure how together the plane is at this point, but it might be worth checking out. Perhaps you should take a look at their website and e-mail them to get more details.

Have a great time!!

It is a very easy dive, with guided use of one cave. This picture is coming out of the cage(notice the freshwater run off towards the surface). We spotted a very large school of tarpin hiding in the cage, and a few barracuda also. Near the Jesus statue we saw peacock flounder, seahorses, and a small school of squid. I would definetely do it again. Oh yeah, i talked them down to $30/person for a 1 tank dive with equipment!!

IMG_1651_edited-1.jpgIMG_1611_edited-1.jpgIMG_1656_edited-1.jpgIMG_1605_edited-1.jpgIMG_1623_edited-1.jpgIMG_1643.jpg

This is great, thanks .. We're booked for an 11am Royal Dolphin Swim, 9 Coz time- I booked directly w Dolphin Disc0. My two girls wanted to dive as well. I'm hoping they'll have time to do both. ( I JUST emailed Aqua Adventures)

Do any of you know how long this 1 tank dive would add to our time at Chankanaab.. We sail away at 4pm, or 3pm Coz time. oR COULD IT BE DONE before the Dolphins ?

And the girls are adults and certified divers:p

We were there October 17th, my daughter and I had prebooking the Dolphin Adventure, my husband just paid general admission and while we did the Adventure he walked the beach and paid $40 (I think it was) to a vendor along the beach to scuba dive. They gave him a brief training course and went out with him for almost a hour.

-Heather

Archived