Online AK souvenirs off-season?

tetleytea

Hello,

This comes a little late, but are there any good online shopping sites for Alaska souvenirs? I checked Tongass, but their specials are...well...not. We've always been luggage-limited and time-limited whenever we went. Now it would be nice to catch up.

This is really going to sound odd ball, but I've found some nice stuff from time to time on Overstock.com Also on EBay where some people realize they don't want what they bought in Alaska as well as some Alaska retailers who sell on EBay to expand their market.

Amazon.com has salmon and some other Alaska foods as well as Ulu's.

I agree with you about hauling stuff home from your trip.

Hello,

This comes a little late, but are there any good online shopping sites for Alaska souvenirs? I checked Tongass, but their specials are...well...not. We've always been luggage-limited and time-limited whenever we went. Now it would be nice to catch up.

I'd had that same thought so had googled Alaska souvenirs. There are lots of sites online selling Alaska gifts. One of the ones I bookmarked was

http://alaskawildberryproducts.com/mercantool/catalog/alaskan-gifts/

I live in Anchorage and can recommend wildberry and also the ulu factory. I shop year-round and send items for birthdays and special gifts for those 'outside' from these stores. But - there are fabulous bargains to be had with craft bazaars, the senior center, and yes those shops downtown with overstock. As crazy as it seems i've gotten great jackets with north slope logos or fishing boat ensigna's at the local thrift store (like Goodwill but called Value Village). If you can be more specific what you are looking for, perhaps I can help you find the store or item you need or provide their website too. I'm always watching for items, be it rocks for my gardens or wildflower seeds in bulk on clearance.

My DH wants to buy a 4-6 foot totem pole at a cruise port in Alaska in June 2010 and have it shipped home. Is that possibe? I was thinking Ketchikan since there are 3 totem pole parks there. The pictures on their

websites have small table top totems. Potlach Park has a brief picture of a room of totem poles on their site but they could be for display.

Any information from those of you who have cruised to these ports will be

greatly appreciated ! :)

Archived