Savannah, Barbados

normca

Booked Royal for Jan 2nd and have booked the Savannah Hotel for the night b4. Any feed back on this location.

I know Star use this for booking but they were unable due to holiday 5 day mim. however, I was able to do so by calling direct. Interesting!

Just wondering if I have made the right choice and as a side note: because I made the revs. myself, Star Cruises will not pick up bags as they normally do when they make the revs.

We stayed at the Savanna when we sailed the Royal Clipper and we LOVED it! It has been a few years and this is all from memory, so I can't guarantee total accuracy, but I do remember how much we enjoyed staying there. The rooms have a very "island plantation" feel to them. The hotel is u shaped with rooms in the two legs and the main restaurant / bar at the top. The open side faces the beach. There is a series of pools / water features that cascade down the center leading to the main pool and the small beach. There is a small restaurant / bar by the pool and beach that serves drinks and typical lunch stuff. The main restaurant / bar has on open terrace area sitting above and looking out over the central courtyard and beach. We enjoyed the food very much. We were only there one night, so other than a brief walk, we didn't spend much time outside the hotel and can't comment on restaurants and other attractions in the area. The hotel is smallish by U.S. standards so doesn't have the spa, gym, and other facilies you would find at a mega resort, but we found it very relaxing after a long day of travel and before beginning a great cruise.

Here is on tip that we would have found usefull. Since Star Clipper ships board late in the afternoon / early evening the Savannah will store your luggage and provides a changing room so you can use its faciilites after checking out (noon?). We didn't find out until the morning of our departure that you have to reserve a time to use this facility. It worked out okay for us but I suggest you reserve a time for the changing room early in your stay.

We are considering taking another Star Clipper cruise out of Barbados next year, and we would definitely like to stay at the Savannah for a few days this time.

Bob Foltz

Archived