Port Everglades parking

ondeckatsea

We are wondering just how far the parking facility for Princess (and maybe other lines) is from the dock where Grand Princess will be berthed. We usually fly in but this time will be driving from NH as we are staying on in Florida for another month or so after our cruise in March. Have any others had experiences with this parking garage?

We are wondering just how far the parking facility for Princess (and maybe other lines) is from the dock where Grand Princess will be berthed. We usually fly in but this time will be driving from NH as we are staying on in Florida for another month or so after our cruise in March. Have any others had experiences with this parking garage?

Distance not a problem. Luggage is dropped off at the ship (with the porters), go to the garage, park the car, remember where you parked it(!), and take the shuttle bus to the ship. The port is very well marked, it will be easy to find your way. We like to go into the port from the west (the end of I-595).

We always drive to any port. We pack light (only cary-on luggage) and skip the part about dropping off luggage. We go to the garage then the shuttle.

Experience has taught me to leave home with cruise luggage completely packed and never open it until time for the cruise. We will have driven 1500 miles and items needed for the cruise sometimes got used and not replaced. It's unpleasant to discover such a mistake when you are surounded by seawater and flying fish!

Thanks for the quick reply! Now we just have to figure out stops along with way and where to stay the last night. Probably in Ft. Lauderdale. Any ideas on that??

My dear Jan, that is the hard part! On our first visit we wound up in an area that we were not comfortable with! Since then we have stayed in the Plantation area and in a motel along highway 84 east of I-95. Both because they are easy access to the port. You need to research your hotel prices and locations. Our last one was Holiday Inn Express on Highway 84 and we were pleased with it. I don't know the price, we used points to stay free. We walked to the grocery store across the street to pick up some snacks. Could not find a nearby restaurant that appealed to us. Our friends stayed on 84 just east of 95 and they liked it, I think it may have been Travel Lodge??? We did not see it. They had a restaurant connected to their motel.

Thanks, I'll check them both out. Lately we have been staying at the Choice Hotel chain, mostly for the points, on the way to FL from NH. It's been a hit or miss. Some are great, some are run down. We know where to stay and where to avoid. Ft. Lauderdale is a little strange to us as we head for The Villages every winter in central FL or to the West coast near Venice, FL. Thank you for your help! This will be our first time on a Princess ship after 18 or so on RCI.

Thanks, I'll check them both out. Lately we have been staying at the Choice Hotel chain, mostly for the points, on the way to FL from NH. It's been a hit or miss. Some are great, some are run down. We know where to stay and where to avoid. Ft. Lauderdale is a little strange to us as we head for The Villages every winter in central FL or to the West coast near Venice, FL. Thank you for your help! This will be our first time on a Princess ship after 18 or so on RCI.

We have many more on RCI or Celebrity than others. Check your room location carefully on Princess. The LAST time I did Princess our balcony had a steel wall that my 6'9" husband could not see over if he was seated. We paid for a balcony and got nothing better than a window. Never again! I'll land cruise in my RV before I do that again.

Archived